Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Washing your Car in the Street

Re: Washing your Car in the Street

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:26 pm

Yes I know, that also crossed my mind.

quote="Elpando"]Looks like his pool pipework system needs re-designing somewhat but be very careful what you "sneakily" video. It might come back to bite you somewhere if posted publicly.[/quote]
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby mark&denise » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:44 pm

Pools have to be backwash ed but must go to your main drain in your property
mark&denise

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Yes I know, at least it washes the dog poo away!
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Davidren » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:37 am

Why is it that the water from communal pools in our area of Quesada are allowed to drain onto the roads? Not sure I understand the logic in some of the rules regarding waste water.
Davidren

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby -BLUE- » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:57 am

I have heard about car washing is not allowed, but what if you wash the terrace down due to bird mess is that illegal?
-BLUE-

Which part of Spain are you from?: Montebello

Postby marcliff » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:51 am

Things that people may not be aware of about fines relating to motoring (or even when parked).

You can be fined up to €200 and have 3 points off your license if you keep the headlights on, the engine running, using a mobile phone or keeping your radio on while refuelling.

You can be fined from 30 to 3000 euro for washing your car in the street depending on where you live. You can also be fined the same if you try and repair a car on the street. Obviously the latter would only be for actually working on the car and not filling up the water bottle or changing a tyre. Also beware that if you do repairs to other peoples cars on your private driveway you can be fined the same.

Having no insurance can incur a fine and the impounding of the car. Obvious? Well not so obvious if you think keeping the car off the road means you don't need insurance. You do as there is no SORN in Spain. If you're away and leave your car on a private driveway you can still be fined if it is not insured.

€80 fine if your number plate is illegible or damaged so you can't read the number. Stickers on number plates can also incur the fine if it interferes with the letters or numbers.

Letting a learner driver use your car. Nope, that's illegal in Spain as only qualified driving instructors are allowed to give lessons. The owner of the car will be fined.

Not telling DGT of your new address. Same as in UK you must inform the authorities of your new address. You'll need up to date padron, car ficha technica and driving license along with an appointment at CGT or, if your town hall has an agreement, you can do it there (Rojales doesn't).

€80 for throwing stuff out of the car and littering. This goes up to €200 and 4 points off your license if it's a cigarette end.

Eating, drinking, putting on makeup or anything that distracts you from driving can incur a €200 fine. Even if you do it at a red light waiting for it to go green.

If you are involved in an accident then any occupant who gets out of the car must have a hi-vis jacket on before leaving the vehicle. That could be a €200 fine (especially on motorways) as could not putting out warning triangles.

You can also be fined €100 for driving with you arm out of the windows (yes, we do still see them doing it) or, in some places, having your car radio/CD up too loud especially during the hours of darkness. It can mean the driver can't hear those around him.

There you go, just a few tips which can either be the same as UK or totally different. The one I like is not indicating when changing lanes ..........If they enforced that rule it could pave the way to getting rid of road tax as it would become self funding.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:04 am

blingle wrote:Totally fine with not being able to wash the car...but...how much water is wasted when people have a shower? Probably only 10% of it is actually used to wet the user and then clean them off...
shower the Spanish way, wet your self down,turn off water soap yourself up/down, switch water back on rinse off, a good lot of water can be saved that way, especially if you stand in a big bowl and catch the water , then use that to flush the toilet, just think of how much water could be saved and the help to the environment.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:11 am

Elpando wrote:Im all for rules but a few seem to contradict themselves. Detergents from washing your car in the street pollute the drains. Please tell me where the detergents used in your kitchen sink or from your washing machine go to? In addition to this, the water that I might let fall onto the ground from a couple of buckets of water would not even get as far the nearest drain anyway.
the rain water from street drains usualy flow into water courses/rivers ,that's why you should never tip chemicals etc down a street drain etc,but not many of them about in spain , the waste water, sewerage from households flows into the main sewer for treatment at the sewerage works, that's what happens in the uk , I can only presume the same in spain were water is a more valuable commodity
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Nikon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:31 am

Simple
Go to the wash near la marques golf well worth the money and come on what is €3 or €4 euros. And if it helps the environment then it’s done the job back in the Uk everything is going about the environmental and saving our planet and the Spanish government want to keep the s**t out of the drains come on we have all seen the sewers in the Uk the. Fat berg. Well use the facility provided by the local buisness, feel free to post back on this
Nikon

Postby Mickey Braw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:13 am

Nikon wrote:Simple
Go to the wash near la marques golf well worth the money and come on what is €3 or €4 euros. And if it helps the environment then it’s done the job back in the Uk everything is going about the environmental and saving our planet and the Spanish government want to keep the s**t out of the drains come on we have all seen the sewers in the Uk the. Fat berg. Well use the facility provided by the local buisness, feel free to post back on this

Your choice of language is very unbecoming.
Mickey Braw

PreviousNext