Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Washing your Car in the Street

Re: Washing your Car in the Street

Postby Nikon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 pm

Mickey Braw wrote:
Nikon wrote:Simple
Go to the wash near la marques golf well worth the money and come on what is €3 or €4 euros. And if it helps the environment then it’s done the job back in the Uk everything is going about the environmental and saving our planet and the Spanish government want to keep the s**t out of the drains come on we have all seen the sewers in the Uk the. Fat berg. Well use the facility provided by the local buisness, feel free to post back on this

Your choice of language is very unbecoming.

Grow up
I am sure this has not offended anyone I am sure if so it was not to offend people o my god sometimes the truth hurts people asked opinion and I replied I am not saying anything that’s untrue like great comedy person once said
Bernard manning
They can’t stop us laughing he was the best in the buisness you got what you seen
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:28 pm

You'll be getting the slipper next Nikon you naughty girl/boy
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Nikon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:50 pm

At last someone with a sense of humour well said Chris Dee yes I am man all we want is some good humour. Perhaps the admin should have a over 18 section in case I say bloody hell or worst and people who offend easy keep away

It’s a bit like when we had a pub. The Christmas drinkers came in had 2 pints and wanted to cause trouble and fight with everyone known in the trade as a complete nuisance get my meaning lol
Nikon

Postby Red Rock » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Thanks for the heads up OP (too long to go back and see who it was)
I don't wash my old tub full stop but it is good to know what the law states.
Unfortunately not knowing it is no defence so cheers.
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby AndyC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:46 pm

Why is it €200 of a fine for throwing a cigarette end out of a car window and yet I see smokers (including Police) of all Nationalities dropping their fag ends all over the Streets and nothing is done?
At the side of Mas y Mas they have laid artificial grass and it's like a giant ashtray, disgusting behaviour.
AndyC

Postby TonTri » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:59 pm

In Spain it should be a €500+ fine to throw a fag end out of the car window! The danger of setting off a fire at this time of year doesn't bear thinking about. I smoke but I keep a cup holder ashtray (costs €1 in the Chinese shops) in the car and I carry a small tin to put fag ends in when I'm out and about and can't find a bin. I so hate seeing fag ends, or any litter, in the streets, it degrades the whole area and gives smokers a bad name. Totally unneccessary.
TonTri

Postby marcliff » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:09 pm

Chrisdee wrote:How can you find all the rules though, similar to putting your rubbish in the bins between 8pm - 11pm, lots of the signs on the bins have worn off

Not getting at you personally, Chrisdee, but how do you find out anything?

Firstly, you buy a property in Spain Great, well done.
Not many who do buy from UK speak Spanish. Fine.
So how do you get the information?
Do you watch Spanish TV? I doubt it as most people from Britland are always asking how to get Sky or Freesat or Android so they can watch UK TV. Many things on Spanish TV that inform people of what is happening, local news, national news and so on. But, nope, Freesat doesn't do that.
How about newspapers? Read El Mundo, Diario Informacion, La Vanguardia etc lately? Nope. Daily Mail printed in Spain or the freebies that only give a broad outline.

How do people going to UK get to know the rules? They probably can't get Antena 3 or Polski 4 in UK so they have to adapt. They may get their online paper in the language they use but they do get to know the rules.

Sorry, as I said, not getting at you but the info is there It's just that many of us do not do what we are always complaining about migrants to UK don't do, integrate and get to know the culture and details of what is going on.

Tis just one of those things.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby TonTri » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:25 pm

marcliff wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:How can you find all the rules though, similar to putting your rubbish in the bins between 8pm - 11pm, lots of the signs on the bins have worn off

Not getting at you personally, Chrisdee, but how do you find out anything?

Firstly, you buy a property in Spain Great, well done.
Not many who do buy from UK speak Spanish. Fine.
So how do you get the information?
Do you watch Spanish TV? I doubt it as most people from Britland are always asking how to get Sky or Freesat or Android so they can watch UK TV. Many things on Spanish TV that inform people of what is happening, local news, national news and so on. But, nope, Freesat doesn't do that.
How about newspapers? Read El Mundo, Diario Informacion, La Vanguardia etc lately? Nope. Daily Mail printed in Spain or the freebies that only give a broad outline.

How do people going to UK get to know the rules? They probably can't get Antena 3 or Polski 4 in UK so they have to adapt. They may get their online paper in the language they use but they do get to know the rules.

Sorry, as I said, not getting at you but the info is there It's just that many of us do not do what we are always complaining about migrants to UK don't do, integrate and get to know the culture and details of what is going on.

Tis just one of those things.

Excellent post Marcliff!! It seems to be one thing that Brits aren't able to do easily and that is to integrate. Don't get me wrong, one of the reasons we bought a property in Quesada was because of the big British population here and I am just as guilty of buying certain British products and liking the occasional "British breakfast" or Sunday Carvery as the next Brit, but I think it goes back to the Victorian days of the Empire. Think of India or Africa where we colonised and expected it to become British, which in a lot of ways it did. Now we just expect it everywhere.

Chrisdee this isn't a criticism levelled at you but all us Brits in general. Just my observations. xx
TonTri

Postby TerryG » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:53 am

Mickey Braw wrote:
Nikon wrote:Simple
Go to the wash near la marques golf well worth the money and come on what is €3 or €4 euros. And if it helps the environment then it’s done the job back in the Uk everything is going about the environmental and saving our planet and the Spanish government want to keep the s**t out of the drains come on we have all seen the sewers in the Uk the. Fat berg. Well use the facility provided by the local buisness, feel free to post back on this

Your choice of language is very unbecoming.

Is it ....... " and the Spanish government want to keep the salt out of the drains" .... How is that unbecoming language.. Salt is very corrosive...
TerryG

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:26 am

Good choice of words!,,,, :oDon't think its salt Terry :lol: it could be THIS,re-arange the letters :o
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

PreviousNext