Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Nails

Nails

Postby Dave c » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:47 am

My wife has booked to have her nails done. She currently has shellac nail but due to language barrier, couldn't understand if what she had booked to have done, which is 'manicure con base constructora' is the same. Can anyone help clarify this. This is at Aretta beauty salon.
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Nails

Postby Nikon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:13 am

Why don’t you use google translate and you can even speak into google using the microphone worth a try. And it’s free.
On most phones
Nikon

Postby Dave c » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:15 am

Tried that didn't work although we do use it.
Dave c

Postby Paulr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:28 pm

I asked my wife about this, as she has Shellac nails done at Maximo Beauty in Benijofar. She recommends that your wife calls Maximo Beauty on 965 724 671 and ask for Julie, the nail technician, as she speaks Spanish. If there's any doubt, Julie could also double-check with the salon owner, Laura, who speaks fluent Spanish.

She also said she pays Eu 20 for Shellac with Julie and if Aretta is more expensive, it could be acrylics. My wife was caught out by a Spanish salon in Quesada, where she asked for Shellac and didn't find out that they'd given her acrylics until she went to a different salon and they couldn't soak off the gel, it had to be filed off.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera