Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Garden waste

Advertise here for free any unwanted/secondhand items that you would like to sell or buy. For example: Household items/Bicycles/Garden furniture etc. Please include prices and photos, if possible.

Garden waste

Postby mark&denise » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:49 am

This morning 10 minutes after bin emptied one neighbour filled with his garden waste what can be done to stop this as we are struggling for space in bins now more people around
mark&denise

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Garden waste

Postby Janjan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:18 pm

Write out a big notice. NO Garden WASTE unless you want to be reported and fix it to the bin. It might help.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:30 pm

get up earlier :lol: no sorry, tell them theres municipal dumps around Quesada to take garden waste, they might not know if they are owners/ tourists that visit once a year
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby The Winksies » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi Mark, I viewed your post with interest, as we had a similar situation in our community. It wasn’t necessarily people here but passing motorists, just dumping rubbish. I went to the management company who then referred me to the town hall in Rojales. They gave me a notice to put on our bins in both Spanish and English, basically stating that it is NOT LEGAL to deposit anything other than DOMESTIC waste in the bins. If you get reported or get caught it can result in a maximum fine of €4000, or 3 months detention or both. It has stopped the illegal dumping and the bins have been emptied by the bin men,where if they saw building materials or garden produce in the bin they would not collect. If you have a community you can get a rubbish disposal certificate, from the town hall. 1 per community, normally held by the President. If anyone has other than domestic waste to get rid of, the license gets you into the dump opposite the Aqua Park in Quesada. If you need more info PM me.
The Winksies

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Littlechris » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:55 pm

I live on a community and have my own rubbish disposal certificate but got that a couple of years back maybe times have changed.
Littlechris

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Janjan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:13 pm

Not everybody has Transport but you can cut up branches etc and put in a bin bag to take up less room.Presume the Council don't collect any more if you ask.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby mark&denise » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:22 pm

He filled the whole bin
mark&denise

Postby Jan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:01 pm

mark&denise wrote:He filled the whole bin

That has happened to us on numerous occasions and people have even pushed whole bushes and trees into the bin that we haven't even been able to get in a small bin bag !!!
We even saw the bin being wheeled into a local front garden once,while they cut down whole palm leaves and stuff them in.

Sooo annoying!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby mark&denise » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:36 pm

He did today jan house opposite the bins
mark&denise

Postby cerveza » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:09 am

Annoying yes, but better in than next to it as they do where I live…. That’s even more annoying!
And if you say anything you get told to F… off…because they are “residents” so they can
That’s the mentality!
cerveza

Next