Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Residencia

Residencia

Postby gillylee » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:43 am

Hi moving to spain in 4week permanently.we have had an apartment here for 3and a half years and want to make quesada our permanent home.my question is can we stay here longer than is permitted as a non resident if we are in the long queue to register as a permanent resident.advice appreciated thanks.
gillylee

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Residencia

Postby Espanabums » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:46 am

gillylee wrote:Hi moving to spain in 4week permanently.we have had an apartment here for 3and a half years and want to make quesada our permanent home.my question is can we stay here longer than is permitted as a non resident if we are in the long queue to register as a permanent resident.advice appreciated thanks.

in 4 weeks time UK will still be in EU. Therefore you will have 90 days before you need to put your name on the register of extranjeros, commonly called "residencia" The fact that you cannot get an appointment easily at the moment, is not your fault.
Therefore, if it is your intention to reside permanently in Spain, you will be allowed to stay beyond 90 days and put your name to the register as and when you can. Meantime, it may be prudent to keep all proofs of your entry into Spain, airline/ferry tickets, hotel bills etc. and also engage a gestor to apply for your residencia as there then will be a paper trail to prove your intent to reside here in Spain.

Good luck with your move and enjoy your new life in Spain
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby gillylee » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:03 am

Thank you for your info. Our house in England is sold and we are rareing to go .Many thanks.
gillylee

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby AnnetteD » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:46 pm

We’ve sold our house in the UK and moved over 4 weeks ago. We’re waiting for our appointment to come through, our solicitor has told us it’s likely to be October now unless they can get us a cancellation. Like Espanabums says, you’ll have the paper trail to prove your intention. Not a good time to move the proceeds of the house sale over but I think the rates will only get worse. We’ve no choice really as we need to find a bigger house. Good luck with your move.
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby ypresrallying » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:17 pm

help please we have an appointment for a residencia meeting on the 23rd can anyone help me with an answer to the following q As a pensioner with a wife who has had her pension put back by our wonderful gov as we have our s1 forms do we need to have additional health insurance.
ypresrallying

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo crispin

Postby Shiva » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:52 pm

ypresrallying wrote:help please we have an appointment for a residencia meeting on the 23rd can anyone help me with an answer to the following q As a pensioner with a wife who has had her pension put back by our wonderful gov as we have our s1 forms do we need to have additional health insurance.

If you are a state pensioner and have your S1, your wife's S1 must be a 'dependent's S1 and linked to yours?

That is fine then , the dependent's S1 is accepted and she will get her SIP card and health care ok , doesn't need extra health insurance.
I know as that was my position in March - husband had pensioner S1, Newcastle gave me a Dependent's S1 ( I am under State pension age) and that was all fine. No need for health insurance and the National Police accept them fine.
Shiva

Postby Shiva » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Your wife's S1 should have the ' family member of pensioner' box ticked like in the pic and your details as the main pensioner filled in on next page.

We were told to bring a ( translated) copy of marriage certificate with us to the resedencia appointment but policeman never asked for it. I needed the translated marriage certificate subsequently though when registering the S1s ( via Rojales Ayuntamiento ).
Shiva