Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Can ring pulls

Can ring pulls

Postby Sujaki » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi can anybody tell me where we can take can ring pulls, as the person who was taking them is no longer doing so.
Sujaki

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Re: Can ring pulls

Postby daz » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:22 pm

I really don’t understand, ring pulls from cans? This is new to me. What do they get used for and where do people take them? Or are u referring to something else? Thanks
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Glassfull » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:56 pm

I can only assume they are collected for recycling but, if so, why throw the larger quantity of alluminiim away.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:16 pm

A neighbour used to make bracelets out of them and sell them and I think some schools clubs collect and sell them bit like the plastic bottle tops
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby camionpilot » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:26 pm

Used to be popular way back in the uk , again why throw the ally away , that's the part with most value , I worked on the weighbridge in a recycling yard and kids and scout groups used to weigh in there collection on Saturday mornings .
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Noel on Keys » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:50 am

If you’re talking about drinks can ‘Ring pulls’ then they don’t exist anymore.....they were pre ‘Pull Tab’ design where the finger fitted into the ‘Ring’ to open the pre cut hole...however this left a small piece of sharp aluminium to be casual discarded which was not environmentally acceptable !

We now have the Pull Tab which is a much more environment friendly design, it is not meant to be removed from the can....however there seems a compulsion in some people to still remove them so if possible please leave them attached to the can !
Noel on Keys

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby The Accountant » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:28 am

There is a group with the U3a who collect and use them to make bags and purses. https://www.torreviejau3a.org/recycling.html
The Accountant

Postby Harry Epsom » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:02 pm

If you are ever in the vicinity of San Luis please drop them into the bowls club at Casa Ventura. They are used to make the most incredible handbags, which can then be donated to charities.
An example of the skill involved can be seen on this link.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=active&source=hp&ei=bqAxXfHTEMmejLsPkZCJyAU&q=ring+pull+bag&oq=ringpull+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.3.0i10l7j0i10i30l3.10586.14221..18376...0.0..0.417.1420.4j6j4-1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0.V1gSb74_R7g

Thanks
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:35 pm

If they can be used for making money why leave them on the can.
Chrisdee

Postby camionpilot » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:09 pm

I find plenty on the beach left by the inconsiderate fools who think the beach is a rubbish tip to litter with bottle tops and ring tabs , they don't stop to think of the damage these can do to a tots feet …..!!! :evil:

And don't mention the anchovy and shrimp tins just opened up , eaten then casually dumped in the sand …!!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Next