Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Natural Gas query

Natural Gas query

Postby Markmc » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:56 am

Hi all,
Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction?
I recently bought a villa which has natural gas central heating.
It seems the property was unoccupied for a period of time and I suspect the heating has not been in use for 2-3 years.
At this point I have no idea what provider the previous gas contract was with or how long since the system was inspected. Also,as I have only previously used oil & electric, I haven't a clue how to use the system.
Is it advisable to have a qualified person inspect the system to ensure it's safe to use? If so, any recommendations would be appreciated.
Finally, what are the options regarding natural gas providers? I will only need to use the heating for 4-5 weeks per year so dont want to be tied a monthly tariff/standing charge that's excessive.
Markmc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Natural Gas query

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:03 am

A neighbour has gas central heating but uses the gas bottles, don't know if you could do that. Also we have to have our boiler serviced and checked every so many years. So your heating system would be the same. We use Alpha gas to service ours but thats Torrevieja, hopefully somebody will give you a company closer to Quesada.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby shepgrove » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 am

Naturgy.es is a national gas supplier. They can be contacted in English for advice and maintenance
Customer service
Tel: 900 100 251
From Monday to Saturday - from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Fax: 900 10 50 50
Foreigner: 0034 910 497 474
Email: [email protected]
shepgrove

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby marcliff » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:54 am

Chrisdee wrote:A neighbour has gas central heating but uses the gas bottles, don't know if you could do that. Also we have to have our boiler serviced and checked every so many years. So your heating system would be the same. We use Alpha gas to service ours but thats Torrevieja, hopefully somebody will give you a company closer to Quesada.

Not really able to use bottles if natural gas has been installed. Boilers need to be altered for the difference and cookers will need different burners to be able to work on bottled gas.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Janjan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:55 am

Surely if your Solicitor did his job properly he should have found all that out for you. In fact all the Utilities to make sure there were no Bills outstanding and who they were with. . I think a lot of people rushed into getting gas heating and found it wasn't worth it for the amount of use it got.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby grichn » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:45 pm

I have a gas central heating system. The whole system has to be registered with your local Repsol (cheaper) or Cepsa company and checked every 5 years. At the inspection the boiler is checked for emissions and the flexible tubes, which are date stamped, are changed. Costs 150 euros. Believe me, after you are acclimatised, you will want to run it for 3 or 4 months in the winter or you will have to answer to your wife......

Richard in Crevillent
grichn

Which part of Spain are you from?: crevillent

Postby camionpilot » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:49 pm

Theres some wimps on here …!!!! :lol:
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada