Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Urbanisation El Raso

Urbanisation El Raso

Postby jennygeorge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:00 am

Good morning everyone! I am looking at renting for a winter holiday and have seen a very nice property in El Raso can anyone give me any advice on this urbanisation. I have stayed in Guardamar before but don't know this particular area. Thankyou
jennygeorge

Which part of Spain are you from?: Redditch England

Re: Urbanisation El Raso

Postby John 03140 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:47 am

I have a place and spend a few months a year at the top end of El Raso.
It's very quiet as it is more a housing estate than a holiday venue, however I love it there.
If you're at the top end you have a selection of bars and shops including a chemist, Chinese bazaar, and mini market and beauty sort of place that I admit to not have visited myself although some family members have. 3 bars doing mainly English pubish food and some entertainment including singers, quizzes etc. Restaurants include Stan and Ollies a higher grade establishment and a steak house, hot rocks, decent Tandoori that also does English and South American and the Med Bistro which does decent cocktails, tapas, pizzas etc. You can walk to the Lemontree market on a Sunday and there are 3 restaurants on the main road including Rosales my off site favourite. I think that covers it. :D
John 03140

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby jennygeorge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:01 am

Thank-you John for your quick reply sounds perfect we are retired so like the quiet life just wondered if they'd be local restaurants/bars without having to go out in the car all the time. Your information is brilliant much appreciated! Thanks again Jenny
jennygeorge

Postby Patriciaann » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:08 am

We have a place in El Raso
All the bars shops are open all year round
Still get people in the cooler months
Local bus takes you in to guardamar
Monday to Friday
Can be a bit quiet but that’s fine too
Patriciaann

Postby jennygeorge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:38 am

Thanks Patricia great to hear there's a bus to Guardamar didn't know that we love Nan Kin Chinese in Guardamar won't have to drink all the wine now my hubbie can share! Salud Jenny
jennygeorge

Postby Babu » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:10 pm

In addition to the above, there is a Coffee shop, actually 2 steak houses, Stone Grill and Patagonia, a new off-licence/tobacconist that opened this weekend & 2 Beauty parlours.
A new Consum has opened about a 3 minute drive down the road so a main shop is catered for close by.
Very quiet by Benidorm standards . . but lively enough all year round with things to do as and when you want. The best thing is it is relatively flat, so no undue effort when staggering home from a lemonade in the bars :D
Babu

Postby jennygeorge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Ha! ha! Babu like the stagger home bit after the lemonade! Done the Benidorm stays in the past and great to be able visit for the day but since becoming an OAP like the coffee/ wine bit better. Thanks for the info starting to get a feel now that the area may suit us for an overwinter stay! Thanks for your reply Jenny
jennygeorge

Postby Rodt » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:21 pm

Is nan kin a buffet? Where is it in Guardamar?
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby blingle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:33 pm

El Raso has been nicely summed up above..clean, flat, plenty of places to eat or drink, near supermarkets, and 5-6 minutes drive from the beach.

A lovely place to live or to visit.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby jennygeorge » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:36 pm

Thank-you for your post think we're gonna give it a go this winter sorting out details keeping fingers crossed weather is as good as last year! thanks Jenny
jennygeorge

Next