Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Alicante Airport

Alicante Airport

Postby George-g » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi

I am looking for some advice.

I will be picking up friends from the airport for the first time next week.

1. Where is the best place at the airport to park for picking up ?

2. When dropping off can you go into the drop off point, and do you pay when dropping off.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

George
George-g

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Alicante Airport

Postby PGA » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:03 pm

If you follow the signs for departures there is a car park on the top floor of the airport that gives you 15 minutes free. You take a ticket at the gate and so long as you exit within 15 mins its free of charge.

Easy enough for arrivees to just hop in the lift to floor 3 and to come out and meet you and on the correct floor for drop-offs to depart.
PGA

Postby PGA » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Here you go..

http://www.aena.es/en/alicante-airport/ ... -park.html

As I say, when you drive in, just follow the sign for departures. It's initially two lanes but once you pass around to the left you will see the left hand lane is only for authorised vehicles so you take the right hand lane, it takes you up to the top level and a few hundred yards along you will see 3 lanes with barriers to enter the car park.
PGA

Postby Babu » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:15 pm

If you go via N332 , we usually stop in the parking bays at the petrol station in Gran Alacant until the arriveees phone to say they are through baggage reclaim etc. Then drive to Departures (about 5 mins) to pick them up . . . don't get caught hanging around and going over 15 mins that way.
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby PGA » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:18 pm

Yes, I’ve done similar on AP-7 and stopped at services just past Elche.

To be fair I usually ask visitors to just text me when they land and leave Quesada at that point which usually corresponds well in arriving a similar time to their exit from the airport.
PGA

Postby marcliff » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:19 pm

It's 3 cents a minute to park in the short stay, multi storey car park.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby PGA » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:30 pm

Agreed it’s cheap as chips, I just can’t be bothered doing the windy route up and down for the sake of collecting or dropping someone off. But that’s cos I am not one for long goodbyes so it’s kicking them out of the car and getting back home as soon as instead of hugs and well wishes in front of security.
PGA

Postby George-g » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:11 pm

Thank guys
Sounds relatively simple even for me.

Appreciated

George
George-g

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi George,
You get 15 minutes free when you enter the area for dropping people off.
You will see COSTA COFFEE outside the main building. Ask your friends to text you when they have landed, check to see if they have to wait to collect luggage at the carousel. If not, they should be through passport control in 10 minutes. Lots of people seem to stop and wait outside the old airport terminal and when they have received the message that the people have gone through passport control ,they proceed to the drop off area and watch for their friends. If you happen to stay too long, go to the pay booth and insert your ticket and payment...you are ready to leave. As simple as that.
Ask your friends to make their way up to the 4th floor using the escalator . Coming out of the arrivals, turn right, walk a short distance and the escalators are on the left hand side...just in front of all the car rental companies.

Hope this helps you and your friends. Cheers.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby George-g » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:29 pm

Thanks again
Picking up next Tuesday evening.

George
George-g

Next