Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Cats in torrivieja shelter

Cats in torrivieja shelter

Postby Terry the gardener » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi...please could i ask all you aniamal lovers if you could help ...this shelter is at present is provided ( and by this i mean buildings and land )by torrivieja council but since the pp party has taken over things like food, vet care, repairs , cleaning have not been provided by the council,and now are mainly provided and paid for by volunteers and donation from other charities....we have cats in small cages waiting weeks to be sterilized or have vet care ....the opening hour for the shelter were 7 till 2 but most of the time no paid staff turn up till 9.00 and often lock up at 1.00 or before ..leaving only a few hours for all the dogs and cats to be cleaned by volunteers as the paid staff fail to do it ...so please i am asking for any one that can help at the shelter cleaning the cats and walking the dogs or donations of food for the cats and kittens as hardly any there ...please contact me or take any donation to the shelter between 9 and 1 in morning...the shelter is behind the fire station near the large Carrefour... these are just some of the cats that need homes ..thanks
Terry the gardener

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Cats in torrivieja shelter

Postby Tillybob » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:51 am

Well said Terry. I agree, this is a desperate situation. Please help . Those poor animals.
Tillybob

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona pepa 2

Postby Bee » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:14 am

Do you prefer dry food or canned food for the cats.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby michelle3934841 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Oh dear me it is appalling they have stopped paying I will drop some food in are you open over the weekend Terry ???
michelle3934841

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Terry the gardener » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:51 pm

They would like both wet and dried and kitten food ...the shelter is open over the weekend but only till about 12.30 or 13.00 depending on the paid staff wanting to get home ...there are volenterres there at the weekend ..Babs and Lindsey they will be so greatfull for your donation.... thank you for all your offers of help ...
Terry the gardener

Postby michelle3934841 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi Terry thank you for coming back to me ;; where do you recommend best for cat food...??
michelle3934841

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:06 pm

I've asked for donations on my Facebook page if I get anything I'll pass it on plus I will donate.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Tillybob » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:13 pm

I usually buy friskies or vitality biscuits for them on the days I go.They truly are desperate for decent quality food both wet and dry.We need food for all ages as well as we have veteran cats as well as kittens.All the vets sell decent food and Consum sell vitality
Tillybob

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona pepa 2

Postby Terry the gardener » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Thank you all for all your offers of food ect ...it will so be good to have some nice food for the cats ...they will really enjoy it ....also you can leave food ect at vetapet in Quesada near Aldi...just tell them it is for the torrivieja shelter and i will pick up from there ...
Terry the gardener

Postby michelle3934841 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:08 pm

Hi Terry I will go in pet shop to see if I can get a big bag as in supermarket it’s just small bags that will be gone in no time if you have anywhere in mind that sell big bags please let me know
michelle3934841

Next