Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Annual hire car insurance

Annual hire car insurance

Postby leb » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:05 pm

I have an annual hire car insurance to save paying the hire cars companies own fees. To date haven’t need to make a claim. My question is, if when I return my car to the hire car company and they believe damage has been done and they take the amount from my credit card, how long does this process usually take at the hire car office. I tend to arrive at the airport with just enough time, but I can’t afford any extended time sorting out the hire car paperwork. I hope this makes sense.?
leb

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu, Quesada

Re: Annual hire car insurance

Postby fiona-jim » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:55 pm

We always get them to check the car so we know before we leave, rather than a surprise afterwards. They always take 20 mins to come and check the car. Worth it.
fiona-jim

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Kenbo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:49 pm

My last car hire in June was with Centauro, they found a scratch and charged my card €225 for the excess, it only added 5 mins to the process providing that you accept what they are saying, any dispute would of course take longer.
They know that you probably wouldn't argue too much as you have a flight to catch, I just let them get on with it, took pics and claimed on my excess insurance when I got home.
Insurance4carhire paid out within 7 days.
Kenbo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Postby leb » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:00 pm

Thanks Kenbo!
That’s what I needed to know
leb

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu, Quesada

Postby Boickyspain » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:15 pm

DO NOT USE CENTAURO €300 FOR A SCRATCH ON WHEEL THAT WE DIDNT DO. we’ve used Centauro for many years and numerous times every year. Whereas they normally check over the car inside and out with a light, today he was literally covering every inch of the car more thorough than ever before. He has said we scratched the alloy which we know we hadn’t (only used it from the airport and back!!) and it was that minor we didn’t notice it when we picked it up and looked over it. Anyway they’ve deducted €300. When I’ve queried the policy as the scratch is smaller than the circle they document scratches on I’ve been told this doesn’t relate to wheels or windows but they haven’t told me what their policy is with regard to these. I will never use them again and have cancelled all future bookings. Please be warned. Customer loyalty means nothing!!! I’ll be putting in claim to insurance4carhire tomorrow but it’s so unfair on our excess company. They’re con artists
Boickyspain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:51 am

In answer to the OP's actual question whether there is damage or not the hire company already have your deposit, be it blocked on your credit card or in some cases actually taken, so nothing at all happens at the hire desk and therefore there is no loss of time to worry about.

If you want to stand and argue with them that's up to you but even if you win you won't be getting your deposit released or refunded there and then, it simply doesn't work like that.

Most companies say that refunds can take up to a month to refund but in practice it usually only takes a few days.

The one and only time I got a deposit repaid virtually on the spot was in Australia when returning a mobile home. The deposit was AU$4000 which they had actually taken from my card and because I had loads of time I got them to check it over while I waited and then process the refund which they did and the money was back on tbe card a few hours later. Because they had taken the money there were card charges and losses due to exchange rates which they also repaid.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:01 am

As a 'heads up' on the topic of car hire insurance, when Brexit was first slated for March 29th. Insurance4carhire posted a note on their website to the effect that after that date their policies would no longer be available to non UK residents.

Clearly that date, and Oct, passed so the restriction didn't come into play and while I see nothing on their website to any similar effect in relation to the transition period or after it's something to keep an eye on.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Chico Latino » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:37 pm

As stated above, you will not be spending any amount of time at the hire desk as all they will ask for are the keys to the car (that is unless of course, you have damaged the car and need to report it)

Though the best advice I could give you is to take the 10 minuts or so needed and get a member of staff to check over the car in front of you and get it signed off on your contract that there are no issues.
I do this with every car hire to ensure there are no nasty surprises when I return to the UK. Best wishes.
Chico Latino

Which part of Spain are you from?: Do a Pepa Quesada