Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

wireless printer connection

wireless printer connection

Postby leigh1947 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:49 pm

I have changed my internet provider and now my wireless printer doesn't work. I believe the printer settings need to be changed but I don't know how to do it. Can anybody advise or suggest someone or somewhere that will do it for me as a service.
leigh1947

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: wireless printer connection

Postby A.N.Other » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:58 pm

Presumably you have a new router in which case you need to reenter the WiFi ID and PW and the manual should tell you how to do that.

Alternatively check out the manufacturers website for instructions, it may only be a button press away!
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Babu » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:02 pm

It could be easy for you . . .if the printer is fairly new (not donkeys years old) it will have a button on it saying WPS or a circular symbol with arrows on. Your new router will also have the same button. Make sure the printer is well in range of the router and press the WPS button on the router for a few seconds until a light starts flashing, then press the wps button on the printer in a similar fashion . ..after about 30 seconds they should find each other and job done. If it doesn't work first time try again as it sometimes fails the first time.
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby leigh1947 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Thank you for the advice. I used the WPS button although I had to ask my internet provider to enable it first which they did remotely. Apparently most companies disable the WPS as a security measure.
leigh1947

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada