Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Asking Advice

Asking Advice

Postby Cherrybell » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:34 am

I joined this forum 6 years ago,initially with the view of seeking advice from those members of the forum that have lived here for some time ,And then hopefully to pass on my experiences to those new to the area,

However it seems that a small minority of people on the forum only wish to be negative about the questions being asked.

Example - one member simply asked if other members were having with there echo dot .

And a number of replies came back critising the member for having such a device .

If people cant be helpful would it not be better to remain silent ...
Cherrybell

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Asking Advice

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:52 am

On a forum you have to take the rough with the smooth. Ive had lots of good help and advice even in that thread. Even the negative replies I suppose they think they are being helpful but telling me nothing I didnt already know. Thank you Cherrybell x
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Jan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:31 am

Cherrybell wrote:I joined this forum 6 years ago,initially with the view of seeking advice from those members of the forum that have lived here for some time ,And then hopefully to pass on my experiences to those new to the area,

However it seems that a small minority of people on the forum only wish to be negative about the questions being asked.

Example - one member simply asked if other members were having with there echo dot .

And a number of replies came back critising the member for having such a device .

If people cant be helpful would it not be better to remain silent ...

:text-goodpost:

Please take note -Those who don't have anything helpful to add don't join in.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby mondo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:07 am

I have just had a quick look at the recent posts and, to me, it seems most are asking for and getting good advice..there will always be some, me included.. :D , who will chip in with some not so funny comments but in general the mods on here are pretty good at sorting things out..

A forum without humour would not last long IMHO....
:D
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby blingle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:24 pm

There are always some people that have to make their opinions known, whether it's helpful or not, or whether their advice is correct or not.

There are countless examples of advice and information which are given on this and other forums, blogs etc., which some take to be gospel, but which are either plain wrong, or utterly unsubstantiated.

The best thing to do is ignore those that you don't trust...and that's made easier on forums such as this one which allow you to add users to a "foe" list so you don't have to see their posts.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Red Rock » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:14 pm

“And so, my fellow Quesadians: ask not what your forum can do for you—ask what you can do for your forum.”
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales