Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Dog transportation

Dog transportation

Postby Drewk » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:12 am

Hi looking for some advice
I’m looking to bring my dog from Scotland to
Quesada
Wondering what the best way to do it is
Thanks drewk
Drewk

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lanark

Re: Dog transportation

Postby Thatch1 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:49 am

When I started to have problems leaving my dog in local UK kennels when holidaying in Spain, I bought him a caravan and brought him with us to Spain. We used Brittany Ferries route Portsmouth to St Malo. From ST Malo to Quesada we used camp sites through France and northern Spain. The campsites were "Yelloh Village" and "Sandaya".
Yelloh Village have 86 campsites in France, Spain and Portugal.
Sandaya have 18 campsites.
If you dont want to buy a caravan, you can always hire a chalet at these sites for you and your dog.

We enjoyed the entertainment and food at these sites, and still use them now, even though our dog has passed away.
Thatch1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills X1

Postby tonyhobbs » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi, re dog transportación, 15 years or so ago, before. We moved to Spain we were staying in Guardamar and we went ln to San Antons vets, as you go into Guardamar from the Lemon tree road direction turn ínto first exit off the main road they are allmost the first building on the left, we spoke with them, and they arranged it all with a kennells ln (outside of) La Marina, they picked up our dog in UK and told us to phone them when we had settled in Spain Doña Pepa) and she turned up in the back of a Mercades estate, and clean and tidy, we have used San Antons ever since, and. I think the kennells are still gong but now we dont go out much we are lucky enough to have friends to help us.
tonyhobbs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Drewk » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Thanks
Drewk

Postby leslie thorpe » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:06 am

We have used Paws on the move 4 times and they have always been excellent, recommend them
leslie thorpe

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Doyle826 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:33 am

We recently used Petair UK, they collected our Yorkshire terrier from our home address the day before the flight and we collected her from Alicante cargo depot. Would definitely recommend giving them a call, excellent service.
Doyle826

Postby Drewk » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:44 am

Thanks a lot
Drewk

Postby Gasplumbman » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:59 am

There's are several dog transport companies here,that are defra registered you can track where the dog is,these are 2 of them Pet set go based in Playa Flamenca,(Craig Dawn Brown McKenzie)lovely people .and for the love of cats and dogs this is now run by the son of Linda Jean a well known dog rescuer both are genuine animal lovers
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa

Postby Drewk » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:05 am

Thanks
Drewk

Postby cheflady » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:56 am

I also used For The Love Of Cats&Dogs absolutely fantastic great price to.They kept in touch via text updating us,they even kept Asbo in their house over night because they didn't reach Quesada til early hrs,also they let him travel with his bed and favorite toy because he'd never been in a crate before,just brill!!
cheflady

Next