Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Selling property charges ? Why has no one ?

Re: Selling property charges ? Why has no one ?

Postby AndyC » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:22 pm

:text-goodpost:
AndyC

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Hackeredude » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Stay well clear of purple Bricks. The claim of no commission is misleading, and they had there wrists slapped by ASA.

Essentially, you take a loan out, and pay interest, and the recipient of the loan is Purple Bricks. They are under no obligation to make any effort to sell your house and you are unable to sack them once you have signed the instruction contract. They get the money even if the house is unsold.

Read some of the horror stories here

http://purplebrickssucks.com/
Hackeredude

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby daz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:32 pm

From what I know, most agents charge approx 5000 euros for the sales package, before any costs for any other areas connected such as a lawyer, for a property valued at approx 70k. I don’t doubt that a one man band such as your self could set up with fees of just 2000, and once the word gets round you’d probably make a nice tidy sum. U would probably break even if u only sold just 2 properties a month! So have a go, you might be the one to shake up the agents who command what ever they want and get away with it. Good luck.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Nikon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:57 pm

daz wrote:From what I know, most agents charge approx 5000 euros for the sales package, before any costs for any other areas connected such as a lawyer, for a property valued at approx 70k. I don’t doubt that a one man band such as your self could set up with fees of just 2000, and once the word gets round you’d probably make a nice tidy sum. U would probably break even if u only sold just 2 properties a month! So have a go, you might be the one to shake up the agents who command what ever they want and get away with it. Good luck.

A very good point. I only used purple bricks as a example , we used U move some 10 years ago in the Uk we was with a very reputable professional estate agent in the Uk and they wanted 2%. And surprising enough Umove. Wanted £495. And yes the house sold within months and yes it does work and has they say its the ? Establishment that say oh it wont work or you must be ,mad. One thing remember. The man who wanted to set up a bank {david Fishwick}. From Burnley he did just that and yes he did set up a bank well done him read is book. And all the bull shit about advertising most people go on the web now and also we all know properties need cleaning and that sometimes does not happen yes you need a small office and use a MAC with the full details well you know something I might just enter the play field , yes people will knock it. But. Watch this space I don’t want to be a millionaire just help people sell there properties. Put the heart back into the job
Nikon

Postby jpeg » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:08 am

Don't forget to register as employed and pay all your social security and tax every month also the financial rep that you have to employ to send your info in every month
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Nikon » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:55 am

jpeg wrote:Don't forget to register as employed and pay all your social security and tax every month also the financial rep that you have to employ to send your info in every month

off course. read and understood. why would we not do this. and this is my point. professional way forward. all I need now is a pin stripe suit and hat. and beat the establishment.
Nikon

Postby cheflady » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:23 pm

We were going to use purple bricks until we read the small print so we went with Save&Sell via internet they were brill £795.00 for six months or £595.00 if paying upfront photos and video done in the morning and it went live three hours later.The first people to view bought it cash buyers and they offered just £500.00 lower then the asking price two days later!!
cheflady

Postby marcliff » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Ref Nikon's first post, apart from the board I saw saying a fixed price, looking on line finds a couple of sites who say they sell your property for a fixed price.
emovespain advertises a fixed price of €595 with no commission on the sale
casaespana a similar thing but looks like it's only on the Costa del Sol.
There are a couple of others who advertise "fixed fee" but not many other details given.
So, why has no one? They have. Not sure if it's working and the ones I've seen appear to simply add your property to rightmove, zoopla and so on.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Hackeredude » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:26 pm

We used a guy on Zenia Blvd, which turned out to be in fact Rightmove, and a solicitors called Psi Consultants. They charged us £5k to buy, and for that they did absolutely everything down to getting NIE numbers for u, the actual conveyance, switching over the services, setting up direct debits fir services and suma bills, everything, and doing the first years non resident tax. Not the cheapest but then we didnt have to do a thing apart from queue for padron, queue for Residency, and queue for SIP cards.
Hackeredude

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Shiva » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:26 pm

Hackeredude wrote:We used a guy on Zenia Blvd, which turned out to be in fact Rightmove, and a solicitors called Psi Consultants. They charged us £5k to buy, and for that they did absolutely everything down to getting NIE numbers for u, the actual conveyance, switching over the services, setting up direct debits fir services and suma bills, everything, and doing the first years non resident tax. Not the cheapest but then we didnt have to do a thing apart from queue for padron, queue for Residency, and queue for SIP cards.

You are talking about buying rather than selling but if you were happy and it worked well for you when you bought your property, fair enough. It doesn't sound to me like 'bargain of the century'as everything you mention is what a good solicitor would be doing anyway, sounds more like all the normal legal transactions costs etc associated with a property ( bar the actual 10% tax which is separate) for which people would expect to budget around 3% of the property price.

But you had a good experience, so fine.

In terms of selling and the OP's thoughts, I think there may be a lot of people seeing the big Estate Agent Commissions and thinking they could do something as good for less - go ahead, the more competition the better. But the stumbling block is likely to be coverage and if you can find potential buyers and get them through the door and then to signing on the dotted line. Which is partly what some of the big agents will seek to justify their fees on ( with them getting on TV programmes, participating in big property exhibitions, endlessly targetting and updating possible buyers , links with other Estate AGents etc. ) I DO think the big Estate Agent Commissions in Spain are ridiculously high (would personally not pay any more than 3 % if looking to sell) but some of their costs are real. In anything you did in trying to act as an Agent you would still need to visibly add value to the process. If it's just a case of sticking stuff on the internet and hoping people will come along, well the sellers can do that themselves without paying YOU anything either.

So , more competition is good but you really have to have a value service to sell.
Shiva

PreviousNext