Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Aliluz electricity provider

Aliluz electricity provider

Postby Harry Epsom » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:30 am

B6E9BB05-BA45-48A9-8115-44762568CE8C.png
Aliluz electricity provider.
In my previous postings on this subject I confirmed that I had found that Aliluz is a genuine company offering enticingly large discounts off IBerdrola’s consumption charges. In my case the discount agreed would be 20% if I took out a 12 month contract. I was also assured by the Aliluz Rep.. Francisco that their customer support was excellent, and communicating in English would not be a problem. So I went ahead.

Thus far I have received 4 bills, having just received the one for June. I have sent three eMails to their support address, two of them asking for my meter to be attended to, because it is not showing my consumption. The third eMail included an analysis of the charges they had billed for the previous three months, compared with an analysis of what IBerdrola would have billed for the same period. This analysis clearly indicated that I was only getting a 6% saving on consumption of electricity and that, with every other item they charged costing more than IBerdrola, the amount I was actually paying Aliluz worked out to not less, but slightly more than what I would have been charged by IBerdrola. I expressed my dissatisfaction and asked for an explanation for the failed promise of savings, and for them not replying to my earlier eMails. Needless to say I have had no response to that eMail either.

I have now completed an analysis of the June account, (see attached), which I am again sending through with the same queries, together with a copy of this communication, and with the slight hope of getting some sort of response. Column A sets out the amounts I would have been charged by IBerdrola, column B the amounts actually billed by Aliluz, and column C the differences between the itemised charges and summary totals of the two suppliers. As can be seen, the only saving was less than 6% (not 20%) on consumption charges, but more for every other charge, with the net result that I will be paying 3,02€ more to Aliluz than I would have done to IBerdrola.

Obviously I now regret having gone through the process of making the change, only to find that i am encountering such disappointment with the services. However, as there is so little difference in the compared totals, it hardly seems worth the potential trouble with terminating the contract with Aliluz for breach of agreement, plus then having to take out a new contract with IBerdrola, although I am considering doing just that if I find that there is no further response from Aliluz and that the change back is not too complicated.
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Re: Aliluz electricity provider

Postby THORNTON3 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:38 am

We have only had 2 bills so far and it does shoe a 20% reduction on usage but like you say it's only a small amount as we are not there just now and yes as you say all other charges are more. I shall be spending the rest of my contract looking for other options.as you say no point trying to cancel out now.
THORNTON3

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Aliluz electricity provider

Postby Harry Epsom » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:56 am

My bills also show a deduction of 20% off the consumption total, and it looks good on paper, but the reality is that I was receiving a 12% discount off my gross consumption total with Iberdrola, i.e. Gross less 12% = Net. Not only do I find that Aliluz are giving me 20% off the gross, not the net amounts, but the Kw unit rates they are charging works out to be more expensive than Iberdrola, hence this amounts to roughly only 6%, and not the 20% promised. I have pointed this out to them in writing, but no adjustments or responses since.
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa