Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Suma for holiday home

Suma for holiday home

Postby ReneW » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:10 pm

We have a holiday home that we took possession of in October last year. We have not yet paid any Suma tax but understand that we only have a short window pay. We were last at our our property a couple of weeks ago and had not received a bill/letter at that time to make payment. Is there another way to find out how much we owe and how much to pay? Maybe an email address?
Thanks in anticipation. Regards
ReneW

Re: Suma for holiday home

Postby marcliff » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:15 pm

Whoever owned the apartment on Jan 1st 2018 would have been responsible for the IBI (council tax) bill for that year (SUMA is the name of the collection agency who collects all municipal taxes in the Alicante province).
You will be responsible for the IBI this year (2019) and the bills generally come out about the middle of September and you will have until the beginning of October to pay it without incurring interest.
The actual bills are issued from July 25th to October 6th.
You (or your fiscal rep/solicitor) will get the bill when it comes out.
Next time you come out, check if a direct debit has been set up by your solicitors. If not, set one up yourself at the SUMA office in Rojales and you won't have to worry about bills coming in in the future.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Suma for holiday home

Postby ReneW » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:04 pm

Thank you for your comprehensive and speedy update it is much appreciated.
We knew that the previous owner had paid 2018/2019 and that we are responsible from 2019/2020 onwards.
I will contact solicitors as suggested.
Regards Rene
ReneW