Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Poo in the Park

Poo in the Park

Postby dewicymro » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:03 am

I love the new-look Recorral Park and we walk our dogs there every morning, but I'm sick and tired of all the irresponsible dog owners that don't pick up after their dogs. This morning some thoughtless idiot has allowed his/her dog to poo right in the middle of the bridge across the new lake - it's disgusting, and it gives all of us a bad name, not to mention the potential health hazard for children that might come to play there.

The Ayuntamiento can't afford to have people there all the time, but something needs to be done - maybe some big signs in multiple languages warning of large fines, or maybe some well-placed CCTV cameras (real or fake)?
dewicymro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Poo in the Park

Postby Danny1967 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:01 am

:text-goodpost:
Danny1967

Postby hobnob » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:07 am

Good post...however we have been here before and nothing ever gets done...yesterday I walked my dog on the campo adjacent to Atalaya park..we used to live there...I was disgusted at the amount of dog shit just left to litter the walking areas...poo bags cost very little and in some cases are given free ...why oh why will ignorant thick people not clean up after their dogs.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby GillianOSD » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:37 am

I always carry extra bags and if I see anyone not pick up I offer them a bag. If signs were there it would help to show people so there is no backlash or possible verbal abuse.
Gilly
GillianOSD

Postby cheflady » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:52 pm

Totally agree we rented in Atalaya Park and yes it's disgusting now we live in the sticks,only Brits there and the Spanish don't pick up they find it highly amusing to see us cleaning up after Asbo and tell us to leave it and it's their land but it's not in my nature!
cheflady

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:41 pm

All it would take is a few hefty fines and word would soon get around, then see it stop
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paulr » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Considering how the Spanish dote on their children, perhaps an education campaign about Ocular Toxocariasis and the potential for their little ones to be blinded by the roundworm parasites commonly found in dog poop might be away of getting through to them. Hopefully, it would get through to everyone who thinks it's OK not to clean up after their pets.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Re: Poo in the Park I agree with these posts bags are suppli

Postby Pattymdowney » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:29 am

I agree with the posts on dog poop have a dog and I pick up after him and I hate having to look at all this poo left by other people the trouble is most of them walk way ahead of their dogs and let them poo it’s ignorance.
Pattymdowney

Postby JanBee » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:16 pm

Not just poo.... a young woman stopped and let her dog pee right in front of my gate! I asked her for her address and when she asked why, I said that I wanted to return the favour and go and pee in front of her gate! She wasn't best pleased and scurried away but I literally had to step over a huge "pee puddle" to get out and clean it up! Can't walk on some pavements unless you play "dodge the dog poo"!!! People shouldn't have dogs if they can't take responsibility - really does give responsible dog owners a bad name!!! And I don't have a dog but I have plenty of friends who do and always carry a poo bag! Not rocket science!!
JanBee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa 2, Quesada