Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

What’s the best ‘pay as you go’ mobile operator

Re: What’s the best ‘pay as you go’ mobile operator

Postby cogsie » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:07 pm

Try Lebara, been using for long time, only need to top up 5 euros every three months. Can be done online and also be used in UK
cogsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby GrahamR » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:01 pm

If you live in Spain, then many people have given advice. If, however, you are like me and only live in Spain 3-4 months a year, then I would recommend doing what I do.
I have a package from 3 in the UK. I get unlimited texts, 600 minutes of calls and 8gb of data. 3 do not charge any extra for using your mobile in Europe and many other countries such as Hong Kong and the USA. The package costs £15 per month and the only extra charge I have had is for sending pictures as attachments to texts.
I do have Wifi in Spain through Telecable. As I have 8gb of data, I don't bother looking for free Wifi whilst I am ut and about. I also ditched my Spanish mobile as it was not worth me using it.
GrahamR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby cheflady » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Hubby on Lobster PAYG it's great to use in Spain but please be aware if he sends a text over to England it doesn't cost him anything BUT it costs the recipient £1.00 to answer back to you whether you PAYG or Contract
cheflady

Postby jpeg » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:59 pm

loulou21 wrote:Hello

We have used Digi Mobil for many years. They are excellent, I pay €5 per month and any data I have left over they roll over to the next month. You also do not have to top up every month.

just looked on their website and it states that any data unused does not roll over

The minutes and SMS that you do not consume when you reach the expiration date are not refundable or cumulative to other months.
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby ray-pc » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:14 pm

try giff-gaff here or uk. ray
ray-pc

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Bartolome

Postby 2Sheds » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:24 pm

I've used Lebara in Spain for years and I've found them pretty good - I think they use Vodafone as the carrier.

On a related point, my UK mobile is O2. The problem with it in Spain is that the signal is quite weak in Benimar2. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue in that area?
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Bunnyrabbit » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:45 pm

Hits mobile every time :P :P
Bunnyrabbit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Matt B » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:28 pm

I need a Spanish telephone number as so many on line orders must has a number, otherwise I would continue with a uk phone.
Matt B

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Previous