Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

phone calls from India

Re: phone calls from India

Postby Bee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:25 am

We have the same with people pretending to be from Eir the phone co. Although this one got caught a beaut last week when they called a Garda Station.

"Phone scammers drop the ball and call Thomastown garda station

OF ALL THE PLACES TO RING...
9th August 2019

Phone/computer scammers will try almost anything but they got short shrift today when they ended up calling gardaí in Thomastown, Co Kilkenny.

Thomastown Garda Station received the suspicious call originating from caller identity 000644246###.

"The caller stated that he was ringing on behalf of Eir and that a problem had been encountered in the recent past with an internet router in the locality," said a garda post.

The caller wished to fix this issue but of course needed for the customer to log onto the Google browser and open up a signal strength website and consent to handing over remote access to the caller in order to remedy the issue.

"The caller was a short time later informed that he had contacted a Garda Station and strangely enough the call was disconnected!! This is a scam. Do not engage. Eir have being notified and are aware."
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby TerryG » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:49 am

I very rarely get these calls and in fact I can`t remember the last one I got.
If I see a call starting with 916 I know it`s from Madrid and I just zap it ...Job done. ..... So I`m sure as hell going to answer a strange number from India and `play along with them ` with klaxons and going out shopping.
I`ve got better things to do.
Last edited by TerryG on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TerryG

Postby Ronnie112 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Just say to them VARY VARY good and hang up on them :text-lol:
Ronnie112

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby TerryG » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:27 pm

The problem is that the police in India not in the least bit bothered in clamping down on these call centres, even when they been given proof and the addresses.
Yes they make a token raid every now and again but that`s it.
Just check out YouTube and look at sites like Scambaiters where they deliberately call the centres and play along with them then tell them who they are.
These guys can even pinpoint the town in which the call centre is in. !!
TerryG

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Not sure if it works here but in UK if you get a call and don't hang up the phone the caller cannot clear their end either meaning they can't call anyone else.

Had great fun one time keeping a female scammer on the line for a couple of hours with the phone on speaker as I got on with my own business. She tried pleading, screaming, and crying, and even got a male to come on the line and accuse ME of harrasment but he got the same short shrift.

I haven't had any calls here but eagerly look forward to one.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:37 pm

At least she didn't tell you you had husband problems and go F@@k your dog like I was told
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby junewain » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:40 pm

I just tell them I don't have a computer
junewain

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo bravo

Postby JanBee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Last one I had I played along, saying that I could see everything on the screen that he mentioned. He was allegedly from Microsoft. Eventually I told him that I didn't actually own a computer and he got very angry with ME!!I demanded several times to know where he got my details from as I'm not a Microsoft customer. He eventually hung up on me and I've not had a similar call since. Just beware!!
JanBee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa 2, Quesada

Postby TerryG » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:39 pm

What`s the point of keeping them on line for ` a couple of hours` ... That means your phones out of action ... Where`s the logic in that !!
TerryG

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:11 pm

TerryG wrote:What`s the point of keeping them on line for ` a couple of hours` ... That means your phones out of action ... Where`s the logic in that !!
Unlike some it seems I don't live my life waiting for the phone to ring and in any case anybody who knows me, or from whom I wish to receive calls, knows my mobile number.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Previous