Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Prices for moving furniture to spain

Prices for moving furniture to spain

Postby Dot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi, just looking for some info, a rough idea of price to move say flat packed garden furniture and a couple of boxes from scotland to quesada.....any advice?
Thank you
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Re: Prices for moving furniture to spain

Postby Ginger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Buy in Spain. Unless furniture us a f@mily heirloom don’t bother bringing. You can find decent furniture here at reasonable prices. Add to your furniture transport costs and you will understand what I mean.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby Dot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi, I have bought some in spain but I'm planning moving full time and would just like to bring some things, but thank you for info.
Dot

Postby garysl » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:34 pm

We had some oak furniture sent over last month. A dining table, six chairs, a coffee table and a large TV unit. It cost us just over 300 quid with Silverdale transport, who advertise on here. The furniture cost us nearly £2000 in the UK and was worth sending over, as hardwood furniture is very difficult to find here.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Dot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:43 pm

That's seems a good price...thank you
Dot

Postby Shiva » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:18 pm

Silverdale have moved 2 loads for us from Scotland ( at separate times). I would HIGHLY recommend them, they are very reliable and will give you a reasonable price, it usually goes by the cubic metre. Obviously from Scotland is a bit more expensive than from down South but I thought they were fair. we moved around 5 -6 cubic metres each time.

While of course you want to assess if something is worth the cost of moving, it can be worth it. Garden furniture is inordinately expensive here compared to what you would pay in UK as well as it being ( imo) hard to find stuff that's particularly attractive without paying through the nose. So your choice of flat pack garden furniture could well be worth it. Also a range of small or garden electrical items ( though prices are better here than they used to be.)

The best garden furniture we have was some we brought with us ( via Silverdale) and some we actually picked up secondhand through the advertisements on this forum ... The new stuff in the shops just didn't appeal.

Another factor of course these days is that with the £/euro exchange rate being so poor, stuff you have already bought in £sterling may be worth bringing even factoring in the travel costs as to replace the stuff using euros could be disproportionately expensive. Anyway talk to Kevin of Silverdale. Details in the ad on the forum.
Shiva

Postby Dot » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:00 am

Thank you for your info....I do already have a home here so it's just some bits and pieces that I would like to have.....will get in touch with Silverdale.
Dot

Postby kevin07 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:07 am

Hi.
If you want to email me direct with a list and sizes where from in Scotland we can price it up for you thanks Kevin.
Silverdale Transport & Removals
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01270 872731
Mobile: 07952170306
Mobile: 627 371 937
kevin07

Which part of Spain are you from?: albir

Postby michelle3934841 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:29 am

Hi we have used silverdale a few times Kevin and his wife are lovely and very reliable.
Best Regards
michelle3934841

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Dot » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:34 am

Will do Kevin, just wanted a rough idea as to whether I should bring or just buy more in spain.
Dot

Next