Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

U.K. to Spanish sim card

U.K. to Spanish sim card

Postby Tel13 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi
How long can I use my U.K. sim (giffgaff) having moved here permanently (7days ago) ?
Will giffgaff inform me if I just continue to use the sim?
Tel13

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Re: U.K. to Spanish sim card

Postby Julie » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:42 am

I have a giffgaff card that I use in the uk. You can use it here for up to 2 months but after that your charges will change to Europe roaming and will be charged to your balance ( not a gift bag if you have one running) . Other than that I keep mine in my phone (dual sim) but use my Spanish sim as the default. When in Spain :D Remember to use your giffgaff once every 5 months or so to keep it active for those times when your back in the UK . Hope this helps :D
Julie

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesas Quesada

Postby lynny » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:48 pm

I've used my o2 sim in Spain for 10 years now on payg the credit has no expiry time on it and I still find it cheaper than my wife's Spanish mobile. Not sure about after brexit tho. But who knows anyway what will happen about anything, the politicians certainly don't.
lynny

Which part of Spain are you from?: benimar

Postby Tel13 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Cheers for the info, guna have to change to a Spanish sim just before the 2 months!
Tel13

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Hackeredude » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:24 pm

Im still using a UK T-Mobile PAYG sim in my phone, and a Uk 3 network contract sim with 15Mb Data and 1000 mins and 1000 texts, in my Mifi device, and i sometimes put it into an unlocked Samsung phone and phone UK using my mins. Been here a year.
Hackeredude

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Paulr » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:05 pm

I live permanently in Spain and had been using my PAYG GiffGaff sim here for 3 years, then I received a message from GiffGaff last October, saying that my activity indicated that I was based in Spain and so I would be charged roaming in future. I still buy a data GoodyBag every 3 months for £5 and just use WhatsApp for voice calls, and I haven't noticed any difference to my costs.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera