Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Nanny/ Au pair

Nanny/ Au pair

Postby pednferb » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:35 pm

Hi I am looking for a female child minder as I am planning to move to Quesada next May 2010 and will be looking for someone who can stay with my 9 year old overnight on occasions. I work for an airline and the hours are unsociable. The hours would not be regular as my work roster changes every month, therefore would be on a casual 'as and when' basis.

I am looking for someone who has childcare qualifications and who I feel will work well with my daughter more importantly. I would possibly need the school run drop off and pick up taking care of.

If you feel you would be suitable please inbox me.
pednferb

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: Nanny/ Au pair

Postby Foz955 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Just a thought but are you allowed to specify 'female'??
Foz955

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Chapparal

Postby Dave c » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Of course you can
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby pednferb » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi a lovely lady replied to my post she said they were grandparents...but it has disappeared. I would love to reply to her if she reads this.

Hi and in regards to the female only request, I wouldn't have a man look after my daughter. My personal choice.
pednferb

Postby Shiva » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Foz955 wrote:Just a thought but are you allowed to specify 'female'??

As Dave said, of course the OP can. Where does one even start, with such a question? A parent can choose exactly who he/she wants to provide a care service. Good luck to OP to find someone she and her daughter feel comfortable with.
Shiva

Postby pednferb » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:42 pm

Thankyou Shiva and Dave x
pednferb

Postby cheflady » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:47 pm

I sort of agree I had a live in au pair because of the Stupid hours of a head chef I must admit it I was more comfy hiring a woman even though my child was a boy I just thought because I was doing so many hours she would be almost a stand in mum and she was absolutely fantastic . Good luck Jules!
Kp
cheflady

Postby pednferb » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Thankyou Jules...
pednferb

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:01 pm

I suppose foz955 was asking because the way the UK is with all this PC rubbish is Spain the same? You cannot ask for a female or a male or white and no blacks, same thing. Discrimination?? I would want a female too looking after my children.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Shiva » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Chrisdee wrote:I suppose foz955 was asking because the way the UK is with all this PC rubbish is Spain the same? You cannot ask for a female or a male or white and no blacks, same thing. Discrimination?? I would want a female too looking after my children.

Who knows why foz955 was asking, it was a totally unnecessary and inappropriate question in the clear context of the OP's post as a private individual seeking quite personal care services for their child. It struck me as quite a hostile question because of its clear inappropriateness. This was not an Employer discrimination situation, as I said , where does one start... ? If Foz955 did not mean it hostile and they were just being a bit stupid, OK, we all have our moments... Perhaps in the future they will think through the implications of their post before they post it...
Shiva