Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Security Shutters

Security Shutters

Postby Gandy1976 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:33 pm

A couple of mine are getting stuck coming down at the start .
I saw someone mentioned Steve Beck sorted theres ... what did he do or what do you do ?
I've taken the top panel off and .......lol
Gandy1976

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Security Shutters

Postby marcliff » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Sometimes find I have to pull mine down a few inches by hand as they get stuck if you raise them too much.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Gandy1976 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Yeah that's what I'm having to do , I just didn't know if I could fix it ....?
Gandy1976

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Lockey57 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Mines doing the same, how did you get the panel off? Is there a mechanism that can be lubricated?
Lockey57

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:47 am

give um a good clean with soapy water, W.D.the cogs behind the panel and the channels
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Paul58 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:00 am

Once clean try lubricating them with a silicone spray lubricant rather than WD-40 solvent. (WD also make a silicone spray).
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby mondo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:03 am

Lockey57 wrote:Mines doing the same, how did you get the panel off? Is there a mechanism that can be lubricated?

The panel just clips on... just pull the cover off the inside, it will easily clip back....

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby PeteKnight » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:41 am

The slats that make-up the blinds slot into each other and it’s possible for them to move slightly, causing the edge of one slat to foul one side of the vertical slot. If this happens with one of the first slats then there may be insufficient weight to behind them to overcome the friction.
If you lower the blind half way you may be able to put one hand on each side of the lower slats and wiggle them around to solve the problem.
If you plan to use lubrication on the slats and the vertical guides then don’t use WD40 or similar, it will make a horrible mess and be quite smelly. Use a silicon based furniture polish (the Pledge type of spray) as this won’t make a mess and smells much nicer.

If you do take the top cover off then it’s fine to use WD40 on the ends of the the central roller bar.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby GrahamR » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Yes I agree with the previous comment. Originally I used WD40 and apart from the smell it stained the pull cord.
After a couple of years messing around with the blinds, I realised the problem was that the slats were out of alignment with each other. The slats are only fractionally wider than the metal side runners. Therefore, if the slats get out of alignment it means the overall blind is wider and this jams up the runner.
Therefore, I spent time carefully levering the individual slats back into alignment. That solved the problem and the blinds run freely.
If I ever had to have new blinds installed, I would have a discussion with the supplier about leaving a bigger gap between the runners and the blind.
I hope this helps.
GrahamR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2