Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

UK Government "Yellowhammer" report in Sunday Times

Re: UK Government "Yellowhammer" report in Sunday Times

Postby maisiesdad » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:19 pm

Oh well if Kwarsi (sic) Kwarteng & Michael Gove say its an out of date load of twaddle and they are backed up by the Daily Mail then no doubt we will be ok and can relax. The three are renowned for their sensible, unbiased, truthful views and can be trusted absolutely. Although I don't think we have heard the last of this.

Might just be an idea to get your crash helmet at the ready though, as we edge ever closer to the cliff edge, just in case MPs dont get their act together and get rid of this pathetic, reckless shower.
maisiesdad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Big Wheeler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:33 pm

"Sensible,unbiased,truthful views complete with absolute truth." From a politician of any colour? Project Fear again?
I know,let's listen to the sensible,unbiased absolute truth from George Osborne,Mark Carney and all the other remainiac liars we've endured for the last 3 years.Asit happens i am still cynical about whether brexit will occur but I hope for the best.
In a few years I expect to be changing my pounds for pesetas again.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby mondo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:26 am

Boris does not seem to be denying it..

He says..I'm not pretending that there won't be bumps on the road […] but if everybody puts their minds to it, I have absolutely no doubt that we can get ready,"

So it seems medicine shortages, food shortages and months of chaos at the ports plus the NI border plans are unsustainable.. are "just bumps in the road.."

Seems we are in safe hands

:lol:

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby maisiesdad » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:20 am

Just bumps in the road if you have a few million in spare cash. Bit different if you are just trying to survive on a minimum wage or abroad on a miserly UK pension which has diminished by about 25% since we embarked on this reckless expensive journey, caused by and led by a series of rich, inept tory clowns. The latest of which is the most untrustworthy, lying biggest bag of wind imaginable.

How anyone can believe and have any trust in this shower is beyond me.
maisiesdad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:24 am

maisiesdad wrote:Just bumps in the road if you have a few million in spare cash. Bit different if you are just trying to survive on a minimum wage or abroad on a miserly UK pension which has diminished by about 25% since we embarked on this reckless expensive journey, caused by and led by a series of rich, inept tory clowns. The latest of which is the most untrustworthy, lying biggest bag of wind imaginable.

How anyone can believe and have any trust in this shower is beyond me.
yep! my thoughts exactly ,the rich can ride it out whatever happens, whether it be wealthy ex-pat pensioners in spain or wealthy m.p,s back in the uk ,its always the middle working class or retired ,relying on state pension it hits everytime,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:30 am

the yellow hammer report been leaked on purpose ,to put the fear of god up everyone, then when the shi* hits the fan ,government can say well its not as bad as we predicted,therefore making themselves look good,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Glassfull » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 am

GLASSMAN wrote:the yellow hammer report been leaked on purpose ,to put the fear of god up everyone, then when the shi* hits the fan ,government can say well its not as bad as we predicted,therefore making themselves look good,

And, when the fan does get re-coated, Boris, Farage and Mogg et.al. will tell us that,

“It wasn’t our fault, all we did was follow the will of the people, it was they, who put us in this sh1t”
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby mondo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:20 am

No... Boris said.."The Buck Stops Here"!!!... He knew what the situation was when he became PM.. he knows how the numbers add up..

.The Buck Stops Here!!! he said..

Let´s not forget that...

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Glassfull » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:47 pm

mondo wrote:No... Boris said.."The Buck Stops Here"!!!... He knew what the situation was when he became PM.. he knows how the numbers add up..

.The Buck Stops Here!!! he said..

Let´s not forget that...

The man’s got sloping shoulders.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Hackeredude » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:24 pm

Big Wheeler wrote:"Sensible,unbiased,truthful views complete with absolute truth." From a politician of any colour? Project Fear again?
I know,let's listen to the sensible,unbiased absolute truth from George Osborne,Mark Carney and all the other remainiac liars we've endured for the last 3 years.Asit happens i am still cynical about whether brexit will occur but I hope for the best.

In a few years I expect to be changing my pounds for pesetas again.

Well actually, this is where you go wrong.

When you consider if somone is telling the truth, you have to consider thier motives.. So;

1. dismissing a newspaper reprot is ok if its only in one paper, because thats likely to be ediorially biassed. If its in all the media, its more like to be closer to the truth, assuming they all havent fallen for some fabricated news.

The report was comissioned months ago, ad clearly it can be verified from other sources that its not researched well, and has a deliberate bias. So, having chacked some of the statements, such as the ports, we can clearly establish from the horses mouth, The Calias part Authority, that preparations have been made to ensure no delays.

Then you get the scaremongering abut Medi cations shortagess. Again, do a bit of googling and checking, you can establish that 99% of meds are made in gigantic factories in the far east by asian slave labour, and the largest 17 DRugs companies (which constitute 80% of the industry) all make and ship directly to uk Warehouses. So clearly , they will be no problems. There IS CURRENTLY a world shortage of SOME meds, due to production undercapacit, and some people will try and hang that on brexit when it simply isnt connected to it.

So having busted two of YellowHammer claims, we can be fairly sure its a biassed or badly researched document - which is precisely as Gove points out in the conversation he had, and the civil servants admit to to not researching it throughly. Plus it was 'found' ona train saet. This is the classic way of the civil service of 'leaking' a document without anyone getting the blame.

As for the other comments, there are people on both sides with very strong personal motives for spreading lies and disinformation. Dominic Grieve and Michael Heseltine ,for example, both make more than £100k a year out of the EU CAP subsidies for farm land. So you can be sure anything they say has one eye on thier bank accounts. Similarly, Hammond and Carney are strong Remeiners because they are both part of the rich global elite, which ofc as an entity are anti-brexit. The point with them both is they have repeatedly made proclamations about brexit, none of which have turned out to have any truth, fact or accuracy.

Theres a bit in the Bible somewhere . where it say you can tell a false prophet because none of his prophesies come true, This is certainly the case so far with these two people.

So you need to be careful - espcially with proven false prophets. Thats why you do your own research. As a generalisation, none of the Remainer Project Fear has proven true so far, and a lot of the Brexit optimism has some modicum of supporting evidence from other sources.

If you take a balanced view the arrow is in my view pointing towards optimism.
Last edited by Hackeredude on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hackeredude

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

PreviousNext