Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Beach recommendations please

Beach recommendations please

Postby ChezMar » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Which is/are the best beach(s) around where the sea is not rough (like guardamar) and there is no weed?

Thanks
ChezMar

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Re: Beach recommendations please

Postby Thatch1 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:55 pm

I too find Guardamar a little too rough. I prefer Portman beach,which is half way between the Mar Menor and Cartagena. I find the sea there is very flat, with very few waves, and as such, its great to swim there. The only draw back for some people is that the sand is not yellow. I think it is because the area is volcanic, that the beach sand is black!
Thatch1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills X1

Postby marcliff » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:01 pm

Santiago de la Ribera (the beach area of San Javier) is on the Mar Menor and always very calm. Around a 30 minute drive from Quesada but two tolls to go through unless you go via Dehesa de Campamor but the journey time will be more like an hour with the traffic.

Free parking a couple of streets back from the beach if you can't find anywhere near the front) (go along the road next to the beach and follow it around. The parking is either the 1st or 2nd turn right and marked with a P and an arrow. Takes no more than 5 minutes to walk to the beach).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Info » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:22 pm

If you do go down Santiago way be sure and visit Lo Pagan for a free mud bath. Los Locos beach and El Cura beach and the beach just beside where they load the salt (near los Naufragos beach) is a favourite with families because it has no waves. El Cura beach has natural swimming pools in amongst the rocks down near the port end known as las piscinas naturales.look for Kiosko El Tintero on Paseo Juan Aparicio and the pools are behind that.

Bee
Info

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby guest2011 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:58 pm

One problem, in my opinion, the beaches close to Torrevieja like El Cura are almost full of people that you can't even move in the sea as you stand shoulder to shoulder with others! Guardamar can be rough but is more local and easy to plan a beach day. Guardamar Red Cross tweets the daily flag color each morning.
guest2011

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby TonTri » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:21 pm

One of our favourite beaches is Playa Lisa near Santa Pola. It always looks very calm and is a wide expanse of beach. I've not been there in the summer though so I don't know how crowded it gets.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby michelle3934841 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:24 pm

Mud bath and their beach absolutely lovely;; take a used ice cream tub to scoop the mud into and wear plastic crocks on your feet very easy to clean then !!!!!
michelle3934841

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Noel on Keys » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:34 pm

We go to Los Naufragos beach on the right side of Torrevieja a lot...it’s usually calm and the water is very warm...it does get busy but there is plenty of space...there is s also a convenient car park at €3.50 a day just across the road...google playa Los Naufragos beach, Torrevieja
Noel on Keys

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Info » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:48 pm

guest2011 wrote:One problem, in my opinion, the beaches close to Torrevieja like El Cura are almost full of people that you can't even move in the sea as you stand shoulder to shoulder with others! Guardamar can be rough but is more local and easy to plan a beach day. Guardamar Red Cross tweets the daily flag color each morning.

I agree with you re the crowds on los Locos and El Cura beaches. La Mata north can be very rough also but coming down the southern end of the beach it is usually less turbulent but then again it all depends on weather conditions. You can see the conditions each day re flags and water temperature on www.eltiempoentorrevieja.es

Bee
Info

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby PeteKnight » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:27 pm

If you take a look at Google Maps you’ll see that Guardamar is directly east facing and that the area immediately offshore looks green on the aerial photos.
As you move further south down the coast, you’ll see that the sea immediately off the beaches changes colour to a dark blue in the aerial photos when you get down towards Playa Flamenca. These beaches have shallower and smoother sea beds off the beach, and this causes the waves in the surf line to be smaller and calmer.
The beach at Cabo Roig faces south and is protected by the outcrop of land. The only problem with Cabo Roig is parking, and the steps down to the beach.
Further south you have La Glea, which is nice and has level access from the road, but it is busy at the is time of year. Mil Palmares and the surrounding beaches are nice, as are those running down towards the Mar Menor.
The mud bathing at Lo Pagan is worth doing (and it’s free!) and that part of the Mar Menor is quite nice, although there is a small amount of weed at times. Once again, parking in the area is a problem, so go early or late.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Next