Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Residencia

Re: Residencia

Postby jpeg » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:55 am

May as well wait until Brexit happens if it does
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Shiva » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:20 pm

jpeg wrote:May as well wait until Brexit happens if it does

Well jpeg, the OP may have no choice. And if the Spanish Authorities take a generous line - as I have read at various times they would like to - they will possibly take the OP's evidence of children in school, Padron etc as sufficient proof of pre-existing residence pre Brexit and allow them to apply for the new TIE card on the same basis as people holding an actual EU residency card i.e not immediately apply 3rd country rules . ( And third country rules would make it much harder for any UK person to settle in Spain - have to get a work permit, have a work contract etc or show more than 30,000 euros p.a independent income etc )

But this will still depend on what the UK does to Spanish citizens in the UK. If they go down the Priti Patel preferred route ( which the government currently seems to be saying it will) of effectively closing the borders to EU citizens on 1st November, even to the point of possibly refusing entry to people just coming back to their UK homes from holidays , well Spain and other EU countries will have no option but to retaliate - if Spanish citizens are treated badly by the UK, Spain will not be able to smile on UK citizens in Spain.

Since the downside risks are so high , I would say it is worth the OP trying every route possible to get a residency appointment before 31 October. If it can't be done at all, no matter what, well then its time to be philosophical and just hope for the best , knowing she has tried everything.
Shiva

Postby AnnetteD » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:08 pm

Shiva wrote:Still worth asking some of the gestor services though. We went through SGM Abogados in Benijofar and my understanding was that Wayne who does this business for SGM more-or-less lived on the computer looking for cancellations at any of the offices - Torrievieja, Elche, Alicante or Elche. Of course maybe he cant do that anymore either but worth asking. Given how important it is.

We’ve gone through SGM and you’re right Shiva, Wayne searches for cancellations, he’s got us one for this Friday. We were told that no new appointments were being given so this seems the only way at the moment.
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Shiva » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:31 pm

AnnetteD wrote:

We’ve gone through SGM and you’re right Shiva, Wayne searches for cancellations, he’s got us one for this Friday. We were told that no new appointments were being given so this seems the only way at the moment.

Good luck for Friday. Sounds like it would be worth the OP asking at SGM Abogados then.
Shiva

Postby AnnetteD » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Shiva wrote:
AnnetteD wrote:

Good luck for Friday. Sounds like it would be worth the OP asking at SGM Abogados then.

Thanks Shiva. Well it can’t harm to ask.
AnnetteD

Postby Ian_and_Angie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Shiva wrote:Since the downside risks are so high , I would say it is worth the OP trying every route possible to get a residency appointment before 31 October. If it can't be done at all, no matter what, well then its time to be philosophical and just hope for the best , knowing she has tried everything.

Absolutely right, get it and any other documentation needed done ASAP. Driving licences for example need exchanging as soon as possible or Spanish residents with UK licences may be forced to take and pass the driving test in Spain
Ian_and_Angie

Postby AnnetteD » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:15 pm

We got our residencia this morning through SGM. Wayne told us that there were no more appointments at the moment but he sits up all night waiting for cancellations so wouldn’t hurt to go and see them. He can get up to 3 cancellations a day on a good day and has around 35 people waiting for appointments so it is possible to get one before the end of October. They charge 150€ per person, more expensive than some others but well worth every cent to us!
AnnetteD

Postby GA Insurances » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi, despite the difficulties some of our customers had obtained a residency appointment requested directly from the administration. It may be worth checking out early in the day if there are availability of dates and place of residence office (you only have to select 'Alicante' and 'Police-Certificados UE (Exclusivamente para Reino Unido)' + 'Enter' + NIE + Full name)

https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/index.html

Good luck!

Alfonso

Lisaellis13 wrote:Having lived here since the end of May trying to sort SIP cards, school for my son, Padron etc thought next on the list was residencia but according to my Solicitor they have now blocked appointments for the British for the next 3/6 months but may open beforehand if Brexit is delayed again. I have recently been for a job interview and one of the things they wanted was residencia, they did mention there was a gentleman in Quesada that maybe able to help, as like others, they block book appointments......can anyone help? TIA
Gran Alacant Insurances
Tel. (0034) 966 390 830 - Mobile (0034) 637 307 930
Email: [email protected]
GA Insurances

Which part of Spain are you from?: Santa Pola

Postby Shiva » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:10 pm

AnnetteD wrote:We got our residencia this morning through SGM. Wayne told us that there were no more appointments at the moment but he sits up all night waiting for cancellations so wouldn’t hurt to go and see them. He can get up to 3 cancellations a day on a good day and has around 35 people waiting for appointments so it is possible to get one before the end of October. They charge 150€ per person, more expensive than some others but well worth every cent to us!

Great it went through for you, you can relax a bit now. Goes to show for others it's worth asking ...
Shiva

Postby AnnetteD » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:02 pm

Shiva wrote:
AnnetteD wrote:We got our residencia this morning through SGM. Wayne told us that there were no more appointments at the moment but he sits up all night waiting for cancellations so wouldn’t hurt to go and see them. He can get up to 3 cancellations a day on a good day and has around 35 people waiting for appointments so it is possible to get one before the end of October. They charge 150€ per person, more expensive than some others but well worth every cent to us!

Great it went through for you, you can relax a bit now. Goes to show for others it's worth asking ...

Thanks, it’s a big relief! A few drinks will be had tonight
AnnetteD

Previous