Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Disabled friendly bars recommendations

Re: Disabled friendly bars recommendations

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:51 am

just a little comment, I was stood waiting behind a very overweight middle age couple ,the lady with a stick was negotiating 2 small steps to an entrance of a bar, it took her five minits to get up them and thru the door , no problem for me waiting ,but not a thankyou or anything for holding the door open , that's rude,its as if they expected it by right,a thankyou would have been nice, :( ,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Ron Hill » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:08 am

I’ve been on crutches for 6 weeks following a hip replacement and have to say I’ve found people, particularly Spaniards, most helpful by opening doors etc
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Shiva » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:21 am

GLASSMAN wrote:just a little comment, I was stood waiting behind a very overweight middle age couple ,the lady with a stick was negotiating 2 small steps to an entrance of a bar, it took her five minits to get up them and thru the door , no problem for me waiting ,but not a thankyou or anything for holding the door open , that's rude,its as if they expected it by right,a thankyou would have been nice, :( ,

True she shoukd have said thanks but Glassman she just might have been so exhausted by it all that she couldn't think beyond the effort of getting up the steps.. If someone is physically under par even apparently small things can require huge effort. So don't take offence... (Or maybe I am just a glass half full person, prefer to try to think the best of people...)
Shiva

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:03 am

Shiva wrote:
GLASSMAN wrote:just a little comment, I was stood waiting behind a very overweight middle age couple ,the lady with a stick was negotiating 2 small steps to an entrance of a bar, it took her five minits to get up them and thru the door , no problem for me waiting ,but not a thankyou or anything for holding the door open , that's rude,its as if they expected it by right,a thankyou would have been nice, :( ,

True she shoukd have said thanks but Glassman she just might have been so exhausted by it all that she couldn't think beyond the effort of getting up the steps.. If someone is physically under par even apparently small things can require huge effort. So don't take offence... (Or maybe I am just a glass half full person, prefer to try to think the best of people...)
Theres was nothing to stop her husband saying thanks!
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Shiva » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:11 pm

GLASSMAN wrote:
Theres was nothing to stop her husband saying thanks![/quote] OK, agree.
Shiva

Postby Gilltaylor » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:19 pm

thank you for the suggestions.
Gilltaylor

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Shiva » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Also BTW another suggestion: the Quesada minigolf - easy to park close by, toilets on same level. Stopped off there for a coffee this morning and a family came in including a person using a wheelchair and didn't seem to have any problems manoeuvring around.
Shiva

Previous