Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Fridge problem

Re: Fridge problem

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:58 am

could your key holder or property manager have contacts to repair it ?it should be there problem that's why they manage, hope you get it sorted for your holiday makers ,or just order a new one to be delivered at a certain time ,and old one taken away,then they don't have wait in all day,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:08 am

The very same thing happened to us many years ago. I honestly believe that we had packed FAR too much into it. The weather was extremely hot and water began to leak out onto the floor.
My husband very wisely raced off and bought a big fridge for the beers and wines! As I recall, it was vital to have cool beers!
It is so long ago and I think by taking mountains of bottles etc. out of it, it help but I remember that we had to replace it not long afterwards.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby MichaelM » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:47 am

Thanks all , have bitten the bullet and purchased a new one , delivery today. Will get the original one looked at when we in Spain in a couple of weeks....
MichaelM

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby mondo » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:19 am

At the back of the fridge is a long panel that acts as a radiator on car.. it has lots of thin slats in it... it aids cooling... try pulling the fridge out and brushing the panel to clear the dust off it...it won´t work if it is clogged up with fluff and dust..

Good luck..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby A.N.Other » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:24 pm

phil1935 wrote:the door may not be sealing properly- run a hairdryer around the seal and manipulate the seal with you fingers while heating it

Even if that is the problem, which again seems highly improbable, it's completely unacceptable to ask or expect a paying guest in a property to mess about like that.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby lynny » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:44 pm

Good god a.n.other chill out he never suggested the holiday makers should be doing the repairs
lynny

Which part of Spain are you from?: benimar

Postby southcoastgirl » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Even though it's frost free, it could be that there is an ice build up in the freezer around the coils. This happens when the fridge or freezer doors are open for too long as condensation forms and then freezes. The ice that accumulates over time can sometimes literally block the passage of cold air between the freezer and fridge. Try defrosting it for a few hours and see if that cures it.
southcoastgirl

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Bee » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:53 pm

Here is a number you can contact if you need somebody to look at the fridge when you are next here. Bee

Stewart Thompson at Domestic Appliance Repairs. He is contactable in office hours on 966 785 451 or 654 939 202
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby daz » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:53 pm

From everything you’ve said it sounds like it’s working. Several options to consider......
If it’s only just been switched on and then stuffed with warm stuff in a warm country like Spain, it’s going to take over night to reach ideal conditions.

The user opens the door to get something out, then leaves the door open while they potter around for a couple of minutes before putting it back and closing the door. Means cold air falls out, warm air gets in, items begin to warm, then fridge has to try to work overtime to get cold again.

Constantly opening the door to get stuff in n out through the day.

Door has not been fully closed, example, propped open by a bottle that is just a few mm longer than the space, they close the door and just presume it’s shut, but, the bottle props it open just enough to break the seal without realising.

The seal is not magnetic.

Most of these are easy to check, and easy to resolve. Good luck
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby KarenCouzens » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:55 pm

We had same problem, the engineer came & turned it down to medium. He said English always have fridge set too high
KarenCouzens

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales, Alicante

PreviousNext