Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Fridge problem

Re: Fridge problem

Postby A.N.Other » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:53 am

lynny wrote:Good god a.n.other chill out he never suggested the holiday makers should be doing the repairs

No but phil1935 did, or do you think it was advice to pass onto whomever was called in to fix the fridge?
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby A.N.Other » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:58 am

MichaelM wrote:Thanks all , have bitten the bullet and purchased a new one , delivery today. Will get the original one looked at when we in Spain in a couple of weeks....

Good call, your guests will :text-thankyouyellow: I'm sure.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby ianjames104 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:28 am

Hi try Vasi we were recommended by a kind poster here, we had the same problem, he came the next day and fixed the fault with no problem

He’s on 619 076 596
ianjames104

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby fireblade900 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:33 am

Hola
First thing I tell my customers is to switch off the whole frige freezer by unplugging it, leave the doors open so the defrosting process takes place quicker.
With frost free fridge freezers the freezer section contains the evaporator which gets to -20 deg and then a fan blows this cold air to the fridge through vents normally at +1 deg, which in turn keeps the food at approx +5deg.

If excessive ice has built up on the evaporator which cannot be seen unless the rear panel of the freezer is removed, then it needs to be defrosted.

Should the above not work, then a thermostat is required as the Defrost heating element is stuck on defrost mode ...hence the rear of the fridge panel feeling hot.

Hope this helps.
fireblade900

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Previous