Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

TV use in Spain

TV use in Spain

Postby Steve4878 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Just to be clear, I have a dish on the roof which is the Spanish one. This has a cable into the property but it's the screw type for a sky type box. This will not go into the back of a tv directly.
In another room i have no sockets or cable at all but want the tv to work.
Telfy visited and although I have a telfy modem in the lounge connected to the tv, they say the other cables in the bedroom wont work and it would need new cabling done and the same for the rooms without any cable.
All my TV's are smart so internet enabled but although they will get the internet from the modem upstairs they won't get tv s
Signal?
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Re: TV use in Spain

Postby marcliff » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:45 pm

Is the dish on the roof definitely a Spanish one? Most of us have dishes which are aligned to the Astra satellite and get Freesat from that. If you have no satellite connection on your TV (and, therefore, no satellite tuner) you will need a satellite box like a Humax one or similar. You can get satellite boxes here in Spain but they are not Freesat so you will pick up all the channels from whichever dish you are pointing at.

Highly unusual not to have internal aerial sockets. Spain has the law that everyone must have access to TV to receive news and public service announcements. You can then connect your TV via that socket and pick up Spanish digital TV (similar to freeview in UK but with Spanish channels that you can change the audio to English if the programme was originally in that.)

Might I suggest you contact TV technology who advertises on here. The have installed a satellite dish and cabling into various rooms for me. We had aerial sockets (and cabling) for Spanish TV in the living room, upstairs bedroom and downstairs dining room/bedroom. They fitted the satellite cable to the upstairs bedroom and two feeds into the living room so I could record one channel while watching another.
They also fitted an aerial for Spanish TV as the community one kept failing.

All very reasonably costed, clean work, very tidy and highly recommended.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Steve4878 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:59 pm

Thank you for the advice
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Postby LeeG » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:02 pm

If you have a tv that'll allow you to connect the dish directly to the tv, (not via a set-top box) it's usually a screw connection next to the aerial socket. Then your tv will have a decoder in it and you won't have to have a set-top box.
LeeG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del Segur