Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Taxis in quesada

Re: Taxis in quesada

Postby elchedave » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:36 am

stevejmorrissey wrote:Last night we got a taxi from the rank opposite “day night restaurant “ to the marquesa golf course (approx 3 kilometres). The guy got lost and total distance was 5.4 kilometres and he charged us 15 euros. It was taxi no 4. He wouldn’t accept that he was wrong and wouldn’t take any less. Beware of the taxi !

I doubt he got lost, that guy did the same to us a couple of years ago, the meter was over 20 euros by the time we got to the Bull Flanagan bar (now the Punjabi Palace) so i made him pull over for us to walk the rest of the way. When i questioned the fare he simply said that is what the meter says & if you aren't happy phone the Police. Needless to say, we have never used taxi number 4 since.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby PGA » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:58 pm

elchedave wrote:
stevejmorrissey wrote:Last night we got a taxi from the rank opposite “day night restaurant “ to the marquesa golf course (approx 3 kilometres). The guy got lost and total distance was 5.4 kilometres and he charged us 15 euros. It was taxi no 4. He wouldn’t accept that he was wrong and wouldn’t take any less. Beware of the taxi !

I doubt he got lost, that guy did the same to us a couple of years ago, the meter was over 20 euros by the time we got to the Bull Flanagan bar (now the Punjabi Palace) so i made him pull over for us to walk the rest of the way. When i questioned the fare he simply said that is what the meter says & if you aren't happy phone the Police. Needless to say, we have never used taxi number 4 since.

I thought I was tucked up paying €10 from the rank to near the entrance to El Recorral. Sounds like this is a well trodden path, particularly with one particular car.

I must admit to having some pretty poor experiences with taxis in the area which, given the geography, is disappointing. Wherever possible now I tend to cycle to and from the bars/restaurants to avoid having to use the taxis. Disappointing.
PGA

Postby Lee1973 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:00 pm

We used Taxi #4 For the first time last night... NEVER AGAIN. He was a vile little Spanish man who was very rude and aggressive because HE couldn't find our Villa to collect us.
We will NEVER use #4 again. AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE.
That's why I've come on here today to find the phone numbers of the other 6 taxis so I can store them in my phone and DELETE #4
Lee1973

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby PGA » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:35 pm

I shouldn't be surprised at how unresponsive and generally crap a service is in Spain, but you'd think Quesada would have a bit of competition to force the standards up.

An ageing population with a fair share of mobility issues and an area steep with hills. You'd think with all the people seeking a job (with the only barrier to entry being capable of driving and bolting yourself to a licensed firm) who mean a plethora of cabs flying about day and night. Instead its like gold dust if you can get one at all.
PGA

Postby Lee1973 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:13 pm

BEWARE DO NOT USE #4
Lee1973

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Shiva » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:32 pm

PGA wrote:I shouldn't be surprised at how unresponsive and generally crap a service is in Spain, but you'd think Quesada would have a bit of competition to force the standards up.

An ageing population with a fair share of mobility issues and an area steep with hills. You'd think with all the people seeking a job (with the only barrier to entry being capable of driving and bolting yourself to a licensed firm) who mean a plethora of cabs flying about day and night. Instead its like gold dust if you can get one at all.

This is almost certainly the problem of course. Being able to 'bolt yourself to a licensed firm.' is not as simple as it sounds. Legal competition is heavily restricted officially with few taxi licences allowed (bit of a closed shop). Plus the added problem of additional restrictions on taxis not allowed to pick up out of their immediate area. I thought this was a local town hall ruling but read on the forum from someone (possibly Marcliff who knows the facts on most things!) that it was a Valencia-wide issue. It is one of the few downsides to living in this part of the world, poor to non existent public transport and very sparse taxi availability. So a car is essential. There are some illegal taxis out there of course, but of course that means they are not insured etc. And we all know now to avoid Taxi No. 4 as well...
Shiva

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:46 pm

The Taxi prices are still excellent value compared to the UK
We've never had any complaints
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Shiva » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:53 pm

HarvHar2018 wrote:The Taxi prices are still excellent value compared to the UK
We've never had any complaints
Who's "we?" Plenty of complaints in forum discussion.. Count me as one complainer about the rules and regulations and lack of competition!
Shiva

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:55 pm

We = me & my family

Whats the issue?

Ive only posted my opinion?
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Shiva » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:00 pm

Ah, you mean you have never had any problems or issues yourself from your own experience. That's good. I interpreted your post as coming across as if you were a provider saying noone had ever complained about the taxis. Mea culpa for misinterpretation.
Shiva

PreviousNext