Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

advice needed regarding money back

advice needed regarding money back

Postby LJK » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:17 am

I needed a part for my car as it was working off and on and the garage said I needed to pay for part first which I did. After they got the part ( which was wrong twice) they put my original part back in but problem not solved. I have paid for their time which they said was for hours but they will not return my money for the original part I paid for. Can I report them to police? Have been back several times and the Boss says when he gets the money back I can have it, that was nearly a month ago and now he just won't see me. Any advice welcome
LJK

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: advice needed regarding money back

Postby Jordy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:09 pm

Go back to the garage in person. Ask for a refund again. If refused, ask for the complaints book (“Hoja de Reclamaciones).
All legally trading businesses in Spain have to have one. If they don't or won't offer it to you, call the Police.
The Complaint Form must be completed in full & in Spanish so might be worth taking somebody who has at least a grasp of
the language with you. Good luck.
Jordy

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:47 am

Spanish or English garage?
if its a qualified mechanic garage ,surely they must get the right part,All they do is tap your reg and model n make ,and computer tells you if its the correct part for your model and make,even in spain, that's what happens down at Recambios Davids,motorfactors in Torrevieja
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby LJK » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:22 am

Hi Glassman
Yes it is an English garage, mechanic's lovely but boss not a nice person at all have checked on line since and can now see why he has only one star. Wouldn't recommend the place to anyone.
Regards LJK
LJK

Postby lynny » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:26 pm

I realise you may not be able to name the garage but would it be near to the mini golf?
lynny

Which part of Spain are you from?: benimar

Postby Paulr » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Do as Jordy has advised - it's the Policia Local that you need to call, not the Guardia Civil, and don't think this is a waste of Police time, it's one of the things the Policia Local deals with as a matter of course. Good luck!
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby LJK » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:06 pm

Thanks jordy and Paulr
I will go down again Friday with someone who knows Spanish to fill paperwork and then go to Police and thank you for telling me which police to go to. Very grateful for every ones help.
Regards LJK
LJK