Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Recent storms

Recent storms

Postby Calledali » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:35 am

Hi all, we are in uk and wondered if anyone has information about conditions on La Fiesta 1
We know it is up high, but wondered if high winds and volume of rain has caused damage
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Re: Recent storms

Postby Jillandsteve » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:17 pm

The winds have not been the problem they were predicting but there are obviously areas where there is considerable flooding
Hopefully somebody living in la fiesta 1 will give you more information
Jillandsteve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Dot » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi, anyone know how the area at the bottom of Avenida de Malaga is?
Thanks
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby marcliff » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:24 pm

I've been for a drive round this morning. From Benijofar by the church back to Quesada, across to the La Fiestas, across and down to Lo Pepin and along Lemon Tree road past Pueblo Bravo and into Dona Pepa. Over to the Consum area and all the way back up and around to the Cooper's bar area.

No signs of damage, roads are clear and no flood water except for a few large puddles where the dips are.
Quite a bit of dried mud and stones (especially where new builds are taking place) but no obstructions anywhere.
Of course, I have no idea if any roofs or solaria or outhouses are leaking but there is nothing on the outsides in any of these places.

Virtually everywhere is completely dry except, as mentioned, a few puddles but nothing to write home about. Even the big dip area in front of Don De doesn't seem excessively full of water but there is standing water there which doesn't come up as high as the road.
Didn't go past Benijofar to Rojales as the police have been asking people to stay away from that area due to ongoing work.
Looks like all the problems are over that area and Quesada has come out of it virtually unscathed.

Anyone worried about inside the houses will need to contact a friend or key holder to go and check but all outside areas are fine. Sun is out now and, apart from the dried mud and stones on the roads, you'd probably think it was just a normal rain shower in this area.

Also didn't go over to the golf course area but did go as far up as the Big Shopping and no problems there except for big puddles where the new or abandoned building areas are. No problems along the urbanisations anywhere that I could see.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Calledali » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Thank you very much for your detailed report.
I feel much more at ease now.
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Dot » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Yes thanks for that info ...very helpful,so sorry for people with damage ect.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Laura » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:43 pm

We went for a cycle today and the roads to Algorfa, San Fulgencio, Elche and Daya Vieja were all still flooded and closed by the police.
Laura
Picture contest entrant
Picture contest entrant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby El Tel » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:27 pm

[quote="marcliff"]I've been for a drive round this morning. From Benijofar by the church back to Quesada, across to the La Fiestas, across and down to Lo Pepin and along Lemon Tree road past Pueblo Bravo and into Dona Pepa. Over to the Consum area and all the way back up and around to the Cooper's bar area.

No signs of damage, roads are clear and no flood water except for a few large puddles where the dips are.
Quite a bit of dried mud and stones (especially where new builds are taking place) but no obstructions anywhere.
Of course, I have no idea if any roofs or solaria or outhouses are leaking but there is nothing on the outsides in any of these places.

Virtually everywhere is completely dry except, as mentioned, a few puddles but nothing to write home about. Even the big dip area in front of Don De doesn't seem excessively full of water but there is standing water there which doesn't come up as high as the road.
Didn't go past Benijofar to Rojales as the police have been asking people to stay away from that area due to ongoing work.
Looks like all the problems are over that area and Quesada has come out of it virtually unscathed.

Anyone worried about inside the houses will need to contact a friend or key holder to go and check but all outside areas are fine. Sun is out now and, apart from the dried mud and stones on the roads, you'd probably think it was just a normal rain shower in this area.

Also didn't go over to the golf course area but did go as far up as the Big Shopping and no problems there except for big puddles where the new or abandoned building areas are. No problems along the urbanisations anywhere that I could see.[/

Thanks Marcliff, but can you drive to Alicante airport and tell me if my trip tomorrow will be ok. LOL
El Tel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby bergor » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:16 pm

Thanks for the update Marcliff. When one is in another country it is re assuring that things seem to be ok on the outside. We seemed to have escaped the full brunt of the gota fria. However others weren't quite so lucky and our hearts go out to the families of the deceased. And also to people whose homes have been flooded.
bergor

Postby maryann » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Thanks Marcliff for taking the trouble to write this detailed report.
maryann

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Next