Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Donating to the gota fria relief funds

Donating to the gota fria relief funds

Postby Martin the artist » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:24 am

There are many people setting up relief funds, but I would suggest if anyone would like to donate to the emergency relief to help those affected by the gota fria, they do it through these official accounts.
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Donating to the gota fria relief funds

Postby Shiva » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:36 pm

:text-goodpost:
Shiva

Postby scubydoo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Nice one Martin.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Ron Hill » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:36 am

Martin the artist wrote:There are many people setting up relief funds, but I would suggest if anyone would like to donate to the emergency relief to help those affected by the gota fria, they do it through these official accounts.

I totally agree, unfortunately in times of disaster there are always those looking to make a quick buck by ripping off those who make genuine donations. I fear these unscrupulous people have already begun here
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Harry Epsom » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:14 pm

I agree with Ron. Advertising charities such as ‘Save the snow leopard’, or ‘Help us release bears in captivity’ never indicate how they could possibly reach or help the targeted victims, yet they must still get plenty of soft hearted donors. The Spanish Insurance Compensation Consortium (CCS) was a scheme set up by the government to compensate victims whose private insurance or lack of insurance does not cover damage incurred as a direct result of such recent calamitous events, so before donating it might be a good idea to contact the charity to find out how the fund will operate, given the existence and purpose of the CCS.
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Ron Hill » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Harry Epsom wrote:I agree with Ron. Advertising charities such as ‘Save the snow leopard’, or ‘Help us release bears in captivity’ never indicate how they could possibly reach or help the targeted victims, yet they must still get plenty of soft hearted donors. The Spanish Insurance Compensation Consortium (CCS) was a scheme set up by the government to compensate victims whose private insurance or lack of insurance does not cover damage incurred as a direct result of such recent calamitous events, so before donating it might be a good idea to contact the charity to find out how the fund will operate, given the existence and purpose of the CCS.

Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Return to Quesada general discussion