Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

After the storms Mosquitoes! Do what you can to help

Re: After the storms Mosquitoes! Do what you can to help

Postby Wabryce » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:51 am

Try the apple cider vinegar, I was here in August, was getting bitten all the time, tried the cider vinegar after reading a post, no bites to date .
May not work for everyone.
Wabryce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:16 am

do you drink it or rub it on ?
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Shortiedouglas » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:41 am

Rats!!!! Oh my goodness that sounds awful real vermin hopefully the council will get their act together and gets the rubbish cleared up soon as it wont take long til there's a plague of them. Have the council repeated the area yet?
Shortiedouglas

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bigastro

Postby A.N.Other » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:56 am

Barry martyn wrote:padrera isnt stagnant water

'Stagnant' tends to suggest smelly or rancid but mozzies only need water which is still in order to avoid their eggs and larvae being swept away, and not that much of it either.

For that reason although stagnant water will be their preference absent that they will happily lay in still fresh water which can be from recent rain fall or a tap, hence the advice to clear your gardens and open spaces of ALL standing water.

Fish love mosquito larvae too so still or not if there are fish in the water then then they will eat them all.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby Murt » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:06 am

Wabryce wrote:Try the apple cider vinegar, I was here in August, was getting bitten all the time, tried the cider vinegar after reading a post, no bites to date .
May not work for everyone.

I was over 2 weeks ago and also took a shot of apple cider vinegar each day in addition to spraying with Deet. Normally I get eaten alive and I come out in lumps the size of golfballs. The bites then get infected when I scratch them, especially at night, and I end up needing medical treatment.

This time it was different. 1 bite for the whole week. Never had it so good mozzies wise, and everyone else around me seemed to be getting eaten alive.

Apple cider vinegar is not pleasant to drink straight (an understatement!). I tried drinking it like a shot, but it's still disgusting. I found that if I diluted it to about 4 parts cold gespacio soup from the supermarket, it disguised the taste enough to make it drinkable.

Btw, you need to start taking it a couple of days before you come over in order to allow it to work it's way through your system, and it starts coming out of your pores. Dilute with tomatoe soup or whatever.

My own theory as to you don't hear much about apple cider vinegar as a cure for mozzies, is that nobody is making any money from it. A Euro for a 1/2 litre bottle in the supermarket, is not going to make anyone rich, but I'd urge everyone to give it a try as it certainly worked for me (in addition to the deet)
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby Red Rock » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:23 am

was eating my cereal inside and kept getting attacked by one this morning
bitten me on the knuckle of all places
caught up with it on the back of a door and zapped it with Domestos spray
1-0
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion