Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

After the storms Mosquitoes! Do what you can to help

After the storms Mosquitoes! Do what you can to help

Postby scubydoo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Well the worst storm in over 100 years to hit Spain is over, the waters are finally receding and the clear up has started.

Now we have another problem lurking around the corner.

In 8-10 days times, BILLIONS of mosquitoes will hatch and be hungry for blood. Now is the time to take action!

Spain and many Mediterranean countries have been invaded by the tiger mosquito which is far more deadly than the normal (and still dangerous) ones.

Mosquitoes can carry very dangerous diseases and can cause life long effects and even death. Mosquitoes are one of the deadliest animals in the world. Their ability to carry and spread disease to humans causes millions of deaths every year.

There are a few simple steps you can do to limit the amount of mosquitoes that hatch on the next cycle.

Empty buckets and plant pot trays that have had chance to collect water in the rains. Safely get onto your flat roofs and patios and make sure all the drainage is clear and there is no free standing water. Make sure that your under builds and garages are pumped out and allowed to dry out and empty bottles used to collect air conditioning water.

The mosquito invasion will happen in under 2 weeks, we can't stop it coming, but we can limit things the best we can it makes sense.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: After the storms Mosquitoes! Do what you can to help

Postby Dark » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:21 pm

:text-thankyouyellow:
Dark

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Red Rock » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:43 pm

cheers scuby

good advice
I keep all my doors shut but there are still loads flying round my rooms
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby timeflies 1950 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:03 am

i hate mosquitos & agree with everything that's been said but can anyone explain why in the 2 years that we have regularly taken our dogs to La Pedrera (probably the largest expanse of water in the area) we've never seen or been bitten by mosquitoes, just saying.......
timeflies 1950

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Barry martyn » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:15 am

padrera isnt stagnant water
Barry martyn

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby eileen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:05 am

I find these patches a great help. 100% natural vitamin B1..They put excess B1 into your system and it is expelled through your pores with no smell to human noses but apparently biting insects ..especially mosquito's can smell it and do not like it!!
Just an idea for you all... I buy them from Ebay uk...take arround 7 days to arrive in Spain.......If you go onto Ebay uk..put a search in using

item no:273905540487or search for Tiger mosi bug patch...There are others available..I have tried but found these to be the best for me. They are in a green packet with BUG PATCH witten on the front..They cost £4.99 for 1 pack (8.99 for 2 packs) ..one pack has 6 patches & each patch lasts up to 36 hours. You can guarantee if there is one mosi it would find me..I have suffered terrible in the past but these do realy help me.

eileen

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby jpeg » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:07 pm

someone tell me how to get rid of a metre of standing water please
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Ginger » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:38 pm

Mosquitoes, what do you mean by “Do what you can to help”. I am supporting a swarm of the bl...y beasts, stopping them from starving to death!
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby Shortiedouglas » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Hi we are due to arrive in Quesada/Dona Pepa on the 20th October and have been reading the posts on the huge volume of mosquitoes. The post was on the 23rd September just wondering if there are still as many as they really love me and take really bad reactions and usually end up going to the hospital. Wondering if I should change my plans. I would appreciate an update. Thanks in advance
Shortiedouglas

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bigastro

Postby 60sTrolleyDolly » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:49 pm

down by the salt lake they seem to have died down a lot. its more flies now, oh and the City waste collection contract has fallen apart, so the rubbish is now piling up. I actually saw a rat the other day, first one ever.
60sTrolleyDolly

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion