Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

House check in Daya Nueva areas.

Re: House check in Daya Nueva areas.

Postby Dinkelharper » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:09 pm

djw wrote:Thanks for the kind words dinkelharper, glad I could help. Even a few km away it looks like nothing has happened. Some people are ignorant to the needs of others that do have homes in this affected area and are blissfully unaware of what many have gone through.

I think there are many people around Europe that have no idea really. I know media in Sweden is basically NOT covering it at all. They had som articles last week as it was happening but nothing after that. Kind of strange when there are so many Scandinavians around. Listening to Spanish news coverage is hard when you’re not yet fluent in Spanish but you snap up a little at least. Can’t wait to come down and help others in any way I can.
Dinkelharper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Elche

Postby PGA » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:16 pm

Dinkelharper wrote:
djw wrote:Thanks for the kind words dinkelharper, glad I could help. Even a few km away it looks like nothing has happened. Some people are ignorant to the needs of others that do have homes in this affected area and are blissfully unaware of what many have gone through.

I think there are many people around Europe that have no idea really. I know media in Sweden is basically NOT covering it at all. They had som articles last week as it was happening but nothing after that. Kind of strange when there are so many Scandinavians around. Listening to Spanish news coverage is hard when you’re not yet fluent in Spanish but you snap up a little at least. Can’t wait to come down and help others in any way I can.

Many in the UK seem unaware to be fair. My better half is Danish and there seemed more coverage on the news there regarding the floods than in the UK.
PGA

Postby johnga » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:55 am

Seems Mr B. Martyn has issues born of cynicism, I do not envy him his demeanor. Dear djw, Do not let the comments deflect you from your good intentions and gentle, caring nature. I am certain that your kind offer was met with appreciation by all....save one. X
johnga

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby djw » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:32 pm

Thank you johnga, I have met a few "Barry's" in my 30 years of nursing so I am not interested in his opinion but being called a burglar is a first. I am sure B Martyn is a pleasure to live with. Lol
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Postby marcliff » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:47 pm

PGA wrote:

Many in the UK seem unaware to be fair. My better half is Danish and there seemed more coverage on the news there regarding the floods than in the UK.

Quite a bit of coverage in the UK press. BBC and most newspapers had coverage of it.
However, don't look at the comments on the Daily Mail after the report of a Brit couple who totally lost their house and belongings. Hard to believe just how nasty some people can be.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby TerryG » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:17 pm

marcliff wrote:
PGA wrote:

Quite a bit of coverage in the UK press. BBC and most newspapers had coverage of it.
However, don't look at the comments on the Daily Mail after the report of a Brit couple who totally lost their house and belongings. Hard to believe just how nasty some people can be.

Yes, some are quite abusive marcliff. But the world is full of nasty people who have nothing better to do than make nasty comments behind a keyboard.
That`s how they get their rocks of my friend
TerryG

Previous