Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Padron Renewal

Padron Renewal

Postby davros50 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:20 am

We are non-residents. Does anyone know how often we need to renew our padrons, if at all. Thanks.
davros50

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo crispin

Re: Padron Renewal

Postby El Buho » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:47 am

Best to check at your appropriate Padron Office - it may need renewing every 2 years.
El Buho

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby elchedave » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:32 am

Strictly speaking it is against the law to be on the Padron unless you are resident, although many local authorities actively encourage non-residents to register as it gives them more money. Not sure what the penalties would be if found out, either to the individual or local authority.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Ginger » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:32 am

You need to be resident in Spain to be on the padron, otherwise you are classed as non resident. The pardon only needs to be renewed when required , as many places specify a padron less than x months old. th
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby elchedave » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:15 am

Ginger,
That is true regarding renewing when required, you must however re-register every five years to ensure you are not removed from the list.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby davros50 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:34 am

Many thanks
davros50

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo crispin

Postby billogs » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:05 pm

I went to Rojales townhall a few days ago to get a new copy of my Padron. Went straight upstairs to where I thought the desk was only to be told by the lady there that it was now downstairs. I had walked straight past it. Went to the desk and was told that I needed a ticket from the machine to give me my turn. I got the ticket and sat down to wait. The lad at the desk then called me over and gave me a new copy no problem. Made me laugh that there was nobody in the queue but I needed a ticket anyway. Still maybe they need the counting system to justify their jobs. Always been a good experience with Rojales townhall for me so far
Gary
billogs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Fijate » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:53 pm

To actually answer your question, we are also non-residents and need to renew our padrons every 6 months. We are in Quesada so go to the Ayuntamiento in Rojales to do it. When we have got it renewed then at the same time we renew our temporary SIP cards.
Fijate

Postby Lindylou » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:34 pm

So I am confused.
Should a non resident register on the padron?
Seems to be conflicting views on here!!!
Lindylou

Postby TonTri » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:58 pm

Lindylou wrote:So I am confused.
Should a non resident register on the padron?

Seems to be conflicting views on here!!!

Don't ask Lindylou!! I did about a year ago and was told of very dire personal consequences such as fines of thousands of euros if I did even though Rojales council actively promoted it. There were conflicting views then and probably still are now,

it seems to depend on the area you live in. Those living in Quesada and Rojales agree with signing on the padron, those from councils where it isn't allowed frown upon it. I stay for about 5 months over the winter and rent out most of the summer, I am signing on the padron next month when I return regardless. I think it is only right that I am counted in the council's statistics as a user of their services.
TonTri

Next