Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Illegal structures

Illegal structures

Postby John B » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:06 am

My neighbours have erected very large structures attached to our dividing wall. They are very high and not constructed well. It looks like a shanty town. How do I report it. We live in newly constructed villas. We were informed nothing had to be attached to the dividing walls. I live in Atalaya Rojales. Thanks John B
John B

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Quesada

Re: Illegal structures

Postby Paulr » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:51 pm

Is the restriction of additional building included in your Escritura (Deeds) or any Community rules? If so, take photos and report it to your Town Hall. Even if additional building was not restricted, it can't be done within a certain distance of adjoining walls (can't remember whether it's 1m or 2m) without permission and given the size you've described, it would almost certainly have needed a Minor or Major Works Licence, which are issued by Town Halls. Good luck!
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby John B » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:23 pm

Great advice Paulr Thanks
John B

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Quesada

Postby MandyandDeanCaddy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:24 pm

Would this also apply regarding a satellite dish. We know someone who has put a satellite dish within their own boundary and attached to their own side of the boundary wall. However, the top third of the dish is visible to the neighbour at the end of their garden - not blocking a view or anything, but they have asked the owner to remove it. Is there any ruling around this.
MandyandDeanCaddy

Which part of Spain are you from?: CIUDAD QUESADA

Postby polop » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:43 pm

MandyandDeanCaddy wrote:Would this also apply regarding a satellite dish. We know someone who has put a satellite dish within their own boundary and attached to their own side of the boundary wall. However, the top third of the dish is visible to the neighbour at the end of their garden - not blocking a view or anything, but they have asked the owner to remove it. Is there any ruling around this.

Why they want it moved,,,?
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Shiva » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:25 pm

MandyandDeanCaddy wrote:Would this also apply regarding a satellite dish. We know someone who has put a satellite dish within their own boundary and attached to their own side of the boundary wall. However, the top third of the dish is visible to the neighbour at the end of their garden - not blocking a view or anything, but they have asked the owner to remove it. Is there any ruling around this.

That sounds like a different issue... Actual structural building stuff more likely to have rules attached. I will say that's only IMHO so no expertise on that but can't help thinking the person objecting to the satellite dish needs to go and get a life...
Shiva

Postby polop » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:38 pm

:text-goodpost: know
Shiva wrote:

That sounds like a different issue... Actual structural building stuff more likely to have rules attached. I will say that's only IMHO so no expertise on that but can't help thinking the person objecting to the satellite dish needs to go and get a life...

:text-goodpost:
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca