Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Hip Replacement

Re: Hip Replacement

Postby Ron Hill » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:19 am

Audbro wrote:In Scotland the wait is 18 weeks after seeing the consultant. With around 3 days hospitalisation, couple district nurse visit at home for wound care. Exercises to be undertaken from day one to promote recovery. In general requiring support at home for around 4 weeks post surgery. Outpatient appointment at 6 weeks to assess recovery, movement , joint etc. Can usually fly after 6 weeks. I would suggest back to general good fitness at around 12 weeks if no complications. My advice would be make sure you undertake the exercises from day one and don’t miss them out. They are crucial to a full recovery.

In Spain it’s broadly similar except you have injections every day for a month either by the nurse or do it yourself. Then x rays after 1 months and 3 months then also at 3 months surgeon will check scar and hip movement. In my case I’ll see him again at 6 months to make sure there is no rejection and to arrange to go on the list to get my other hip done.
For interest the surgeon told me on Thurs of last week the waiting time in Spain is currently 2 months
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Previous