Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Fish Restaurant

Re: Fish Restaurant

Postby Glassfull » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:12 pm

PGA wrote:Not really comparing apples with apples and can't fathom how someone can conclude its "robbery" when they don't know what we had for €100!

Comparing a sea front restaurant with a stunning view, nice wine and a fresh seafood platter with oysters to a chip shop battered cod sat overlooking a roundabout. I enjoy a good cheap fish and chips as much as the next man, but if it was a "nice" seafood restaurant being sought by the original poster then I thought I would offer my own view!

:text-goodpost:
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Glassfull » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:17 pm

Maily wrote:There are a lot of real miserable sods out here who think a three course meal for 8 euro is wonderful. No doubt they have been used to eating garbage all their life. and before you give us the old " we're on a pension you know" awa and bile yer heid.

Maily, you're right, there are those that seek out the three courses for €8, with a drink of course and, some of those, are probably sitting in a bar, without a drink, awaiting happy hour. After that, they're immediately of home to be miserable again
Glassfull

Postby cheflady » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:23 pm

I agree €100 for a very special treat isn't daylight robbery. When I was a head chef in the Stunning Derbyshire Peak District that was two rosette award then I would say that was about the norm you get what you pay for! And across the road was a ping,ping Wetherspoons!!
cheflady

Postby HarvHar2018 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Some of the threads on here turn into complete comedy gold
The 8 Euro meal seekers
:text-lol:
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Dave c » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Personally I do all three top class meal with great ambiance, quesada chippie and the odd three courser.
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Glassfull » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Likewise Dave C, I enjoy the Curry house’s €9.99 menu del dia and I like to splurge now and again.

But, some will turn their nose up at a sub €10 lunch and others might mock people letting their hair down now and again. Forgive them, their retired and have too much time on their hands
Glassfull

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:28 pm

been to bar lavento for special occasion meal good food very expensive, you buy the food not the view ,what do you see at night when its dark?,or when your looking at your plate and talking to your guests, found better places at less money,would,nt go again, some people think because they pay a lot for a meal its good, its all down to personal choice and affordability,i have afriend who boasts about paying a lot for food thinking its better quality, for example same packets of crumpets in a uk supermarket £1.25 ,the exact same packet in a supermarket 100meters away £1with a better eat by date on , it depends were you want to eat or shop, there's people whose whole weekly food budget is,nt €100,good luck if you want to pay and you can afford to, but theres companys/businesses out there being screwed bye there workers sticking it on the firms credit card/expense account,which in turn jacks the end product price up for everyone.
Last edited by GLASSMAN on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Altos » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:29 pm

Any of the restaurants along the front in Gaurdamar are really good.
Altos

Which part of Spain are you from?: ave Airoporto

Postby elchedave » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:06 pm

GLASSMAN wrote:been to bar lavento for special occasion meal good food very expensive, you buy the food not the view ,what do you see at night when its dark?,or when your looking at your plate and talking to your guests, found better places at less money,would,nt go again, some people think because they pay a lot for a meal its good, its all down to personal choice and affordability,i have afriend who boasts about paying a lot for food thinking its better quality, for example same packets of crumpets in a uk supermarket £1.25 ,the exact same packet in a supermarket 100meters away £1with a better eat by date on , it depends were you want to eat or shop, there's people whose whole weekly food budget is,nt €100,good luck if you want to pay and you can afford to, but theres companys/businesses out there being screwed bye there workers sticking it on the firms credit card/expense account,which in turn jacks the end product price up for everyone.

elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Elpando » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Yan wrote:
FD85191A-E09B-4227-AA4B-2D2AE3BDB317.jpeg
No contest.
WOW. I have been all over the world but that's the first time I have ever been terrified of a food dish. Please excuse my ignorance but would you eat all of that or do you discard parts of it etc.? Ps, what the heck is that green stuff in that pot :)
Elpando

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

PreviousNext