Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Fish Restaurant

Re: Fish Restaurant

Postby JoJa » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:52 pm

But, forgive me if I’m being thick here, €100 per head? So €200 for the two of you? Does sound slightly expensive to me! (Even if the oysters were served with gold shavings!).
JoJa

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta

Postby PGA » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:22 pm

I am loathe to get drawn back into this thread to be honest - I was trying to offer a recommendation not wind up the Quesada Fish and Chip lovers :lol:

We had a few beers on arrival, half a dozen oysters, then the seafood platter which was €59 per head. Add a couple of bottles of wine between 3 of us and a tip and it was a round €100 per person.

Does it represent "value" in the same way an all-inc buffet in Quesada will? No. Was the food/setting/ambience/service superb? Yes. Was it worth €100? Well, that is subjective. To me, it represented a fair exchange.

I wouldn't be dining there once a week, or even once a month. But whilst I am more than happy sat in Punjabi Palace or such like, I also appreciate a more fine dining experience once in a while and assumed when someone asks for seafood restaurant recommendations its probably the nicer experience ones they are seeking or else they could just walk into a fish and chip shop they can see as they drive into Quesada. I may, of course, be entirely wrong with that assumption.

Oh, and that Octopus looks great to me, and certainly next to a piece of battered cod and some luminous mushy peas. Often buy the Octopus in Consum - goes great on the BBQ with a little bit of paprika 8-)
PGA

Postby maryann » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:24 am

There is a really lovely fish restaurant on the front in Torrevieja near the 'columns'. Not cheap but really good.
maryann

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby cerveza » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:01 am

You have quality and quantity…, 100€ is a lot but with the correct wines and the correct side dishes it’s worth it is my opinion.
Thanks PGA for the tip
cerveza

Postby cheflady » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:31 am

Why is there a wine cork in the dish next to the octopus?
cheflady

Postby Yan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:52 am

Ha ha, no idea. Anyway time to wind this ‘fun’ topic up. I do apologise to the OP I was just being a little mischievous and in no way meaning to upset anyone. It’s good to see that individual taste still commands a deal of respect and that we all have differing degrees of empathy, when comparing batter to flambé. Shall we move on to the great KFC debate now, lol?
Yan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Luckylouise » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks PGA for the great tip. My husband loves seafood and we are always on the lookout for new places to try that are a bit special for a treat. We can recommend MESON DE LA COSTA in Torrevieja if you havent tried that one its well worth a visit.
Luckylouise

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesa

Postby PGA » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:38 am

Yan wrote:Ha ha, no idea. Anyway time to wind this ‘fun’ topic up. I do apologise to the OP I was just being a little mischievous and in no way meaning to upset anyone. It’s good to see that individual taste still commands a deal of respect and that we all have differing degrees of empathy, when comparing batter to flambé. Shall we move on to the great KFC debate now, lol?

Alls well that ends well

As I say, I enjoy a good cheap n cheerful feed but also a fine feed once in a while.

Luckylouise - thanks for that heads up also. Will give that a try when I am next wearing a shirt for the evening
PGA

Postby DTR » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:14 pm

PGA I agree totally with all your comments. You generally get what you pay for. 100€ per head is an acceptable price in a quality restaurant. You forgot to mention the service in better restaurants. You get welcomed (with a smile), sat and attended to throughout your whole experience. You don't need to chase the waiter for a drink after trying to get the their attention as they've already seen your glass is empty and ask before you can. At least two waiters are waiting on your table making sure there is no food left behind on the cloth in between courses, not insisting you use the same knife and fork throughout the night.
Ambience, top restaurants aren't furnished by Ikea and the lighting designed by the Chinese Bazaar.
Then comes quality of food, don't even get me started on that ....... :lol:
Quesada fish and chips ... lovely, beach-side fish restaurants in Calpe ... incredible. You cannot compare the two as previously stated.
The chicken in Mercadona is full of water and you see that in the pan when cooking. IT'S POOR QUALITY & CHEAP. The chicken I buy from the DialPrix butcher in Matola has NO liquid in the pan when you cook it and every part of the chicken meat leaves the bone and is tender and incredibly tasty. Yes it costs more and so it should.
If you're happy with 8€ menu del dia's then great. If your taste buds haven't been drowned in cheap beer and smokes over years try a 100€ night out sometime and report back here.
Here are some Elche places to try ... La Finca - Masia de Chencho - Frisone - Pilsen . El Misteri d'Anna and my favourite Meson El Granaino and not forgetting Museum. Bon appetite
DTR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous