Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Tree planting rules

Tree planting rules

Postby Vi Robertson » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:56 am

a few weeks ago there was a post regarding trees being too close to neighbours wall to which someone replied with a link advising distances etc. I’ve tried search on Garden section also General but can’t seem to find it please can anyone advise or pm me the link?
I’ll be grateful for the help. Thanks
Vi Robertson

Re: 5ree planting rules

Postby willemite » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:23 pm

I saw an article on Citizens Advise in Spain re planting bear boundaries, and as far as I can remember it’s 1m from boundary line.
Anything growing over to your side your neighbours has to prune or you can but only to the boundary line. Think this is similar to UK.
willemite

Which part of Spain are you from?: catral

Postby Steve4878 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Article 591
Trees may not be planted near an alien inheritance except at the distance authorized by the ordinances or custom of the place, and, failing that, two meters from the dividing line of the inheritance if the plantation is made of tall trees , and that of 50 centimeters if the plantation is of shrubs or low trees.

Every owner has the right to request that trees that are from now on be planted to a lesser distance from his estate be uprooted.

[Block 769: # art592]

Article 592
If the branches of some trees are spread over a neighboring estate, gardens or courtyards, they will have the right to claim that they be cut as soon as they are spread over their property, and if it is the roots of the neighboring trees that extend in another's soil, the owner of the land in which they are introduced may cut them by himself within his estate.

[Block 770: # art593]

Article 593
The existing trees in a live mediator hedge are also presumed mediators, and any of the owners has the right to demand their demolition.

Except the trees that serve as cairns, which cannot be uprooted except by common agreement between the adjacent ones.
Steve4878

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bennimar

Postby Steve4878 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Steve4878

Postby Steve4878 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Steve4878