Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Refuse collection

Re: Refuse collection

Postby El Tel » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:37 pm

Johnny wrote:Well I live in quesada and our bins are getting emptied every day.
I still feel if people put in the bins what should go in them, it would make life easier.
Garden rubbish, should not go in the bins.

I live in Quesada but am only getting collections twice a week if lucky.
Went recórrala with dog today. Some of the bins are overflowing with dog bags, the smell is very bad!
El Tel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby 60sTrolleyDolly » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:46 pm

seems to have sorted itself out, refuse collection working well in Torrevieja now
60sTrolleyDolly

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby kathyl » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:06 am

I live in Quesada ( near Harry's bar) and our bins are an absolute disgrace. Some bins only get emptied every 3to4days. They are overflowing and rubbish is piled up around them. There will be plagues of rats soon and health hazzard. As someone put ...we provide the money but don't get the service. DISGUSTING
kathyl

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:00 pm

when I lived in the UK,my bin was emptied every 2 weeks, and my council tax was 5 times more than it is here, so every 3 to 4 days is good for the amount of basura tax we pay,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby marcliff » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:33 pm

GLASSMAN wrote:when I lived in the UK,my bin was emptied every 2 weeks, and my council tax was 5 times more than it is here, so every 3 to 4 days is good for the amount of basura tax we pay,

Not with 50 or 60 people using the same bin. In UK you only had your own bin to worry about. Here we can have 2 or 3 hundred properties using the same 3 or 4 bins to put their stuff in. And you don't get people throwing old food stuff away in UK as they have a separate bin for that.
And I know UK just had a freak, hot summer but here the temperatures are hotter for longer which is a health hazard.

And not wishing to labour the point but the UK councils spend around 0.9% of your council tax on rubbish collection.
As the average council tax in UK is now £1800 a year then that means you pay about £16 a year for your rubbish collection.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:21 pm

in our street in ROJALES theres 56 properties and there are 3 grey bins, one at each end of the street and one round the corner for the other 56 properties and the usual 3 recyleing bins 150mtres away, which are all emptied 6 nights a week ,we must be the lucky ones,at one point up until 2 months ago there was 4 bins ,the they took one away as it was,nt being used.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Black » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:55 pm

The situation has greatly improved where I live, we seem to be back to daily collections. It still appears to be very hit and miss elsewhere though.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby nannyabroad » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:34 pm

I think the situation is not helped by in our area near Canales supermarket a few people are having building work done and they are blatently filling the bins with building rubble, causing the bins to crack. Also huge amounts of garden refuse.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby nannyabroad » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:40 pm

As our Spanish friend said centre Rojales and predominantly Spanish bins are being emptied every night. Fact. I actually walked around central Rojales and Benijofar totally emptied. Even the little street bins. I hope it soon gets resolved otherwise yes vermin will be here very soon. Me needs a cat me thinks.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Dave c » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Not comparing apples with apples with glassman
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext