Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Floods

Floods

Postby cheflady » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:53 am

Hi everyone just read a interesting article in the Olive Press newspaper from interview with Jenifer Cummings regarding the emergency funds from town hall click on the link. Hope it helps. Jules
cheflady

Re: Floods

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:58 am

No link Jules
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Bee » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:30 am

Is this the link https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news ... unningham/ surely the suggestion in the article that you needed to be insured to claim the emergency funding from the Town Hall is innacurate? The article is a bit light on detail.

Bee
Bee

Postby jpeg » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:38 am

She is writing rubbish and has obviously never checked her facts , she is only interested in selling insurance as always
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby jpeg » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:07 pm

The rains are coming back next week so be prepared
https://www.diarioinformacion.com/alica ... OF8rNf6sKw
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby cheflady » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:12 pm

Thanks we've just read it,they are predicting it for Tuesday and Wednesday it's unreal!! One thing for us and thousands of others we haven't got anything else for it to destroy.
cheflady

Postby Martin the artist » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:44 am

Bee wrote: surely the suggestion in the article that you needed to be insured to claim the emergency funding from the Town Hall is innacurate?

Bee

If you don't have insurance you can't claim from the consorcio as it is your insurance that pays in to that fund in the first place.
They take a percentage of your payments to put into the pot.
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Bee » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:19 am

Yes Martin I understand about the Consorcio as I did take the time to read through the insurance documents for earthquake damage when we bought our property. I was referring to the sentence in the article which read:

"But be aware: each town hall is different. You will encounter problems if you are underinsured, not insured and/ or your IBI is not up to date"

People affected were only asked to bring proof of address to the Town Hall. There was never any mention of the homeowner/tenant having to prove they had insurance cover in order to get the first emergency payout of €1500 or any subsequent cover up to €4500 as it is a different fund to the Insurance Consorcio Fund.

Bee
Bee

Return to Quesada general discussion