Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Alicante Airport

Alicante Airport

Postby The don » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:14 am

For anyone, who like myself didn’t know. There is major road works near the Airport . The roundabout for the Airport is closed and you must carry on past it and keep following the Airport signs. I am sure delays will be caused for some time as they appear to be upgrading the road. It might be worth leaving earlier if you are going to Airport.
The don

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Alicante Airport

Postby TerryG » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:32 am

:text-thankyouyellow:
TerryG

Postby PGA » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:11 pm

Thanks for the heads up. If anyone knows roughly how long the works are due to take then feel free to shout!
PGA

Postby Adey » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:03 pm

The don wrote:For anyone, who like myself didn’t know. There is major road works near the Airport . The roundabout for the Airport is closed and you must carry on past it and keep following the Airport signs. I am sure delays will be caused for some time as they appear to be upgrading the road. It might be worth leaving earlier if you are going to Airport.

Is that coming from the N332 direction or from the A7 motorway.
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby Mickey Braw » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:38 pm

Main roundabout to the airport heading from 332 was open at 2.30pm today but yes, there are potential delays around the airport from the 332 and the motorway, so best allow some extra time.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby daz » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:19 am

The road works must keep changing then, we were there yesterday and drove the usual route, via that roundabout, direct to the airport. The rest of the onward traffic, also had to leave the motorway, go across the roundabout and then down the other side back onto the motorway to continue through.

Main thing was there were no delays at that time.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby GordonR » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:01 am

Is this work at the big roundabout going ahead to make an exit route from the road where most of the car rental depots (Dickmanns) for example and long term parking parks (Aquacar, ParkandGo) etc are? At this time all this extra traffic adds to the Airport chaos as it has to travel back through the airport roads to make an exit! It’s long overdue.
GordonR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Bee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:31 pm

The roadworks at the airport are for a new rail link and motorway exit/access. That was according to our hire car co earlier this year when they alerted us to the fact that the petrol station on the way in to the Airport from the N332 had been knocked.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby garyizme » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:08 am

Claus parking who we use to park our car had to move as the council wanted the land and have since knocked down the finca they used. They said they are making the road between the N332 and A-70 (N338) a dual carriageway and it will take a few tears to complete with building bridges etc. The N338 is very busy at peak times.
Last edited by garyizme on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyizme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby Paulwilko10 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:34 pm

We got a late flight last night and no issues at all, straight in.
Paulwilko10

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bracknell

Next