Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Day 6 without refuse collectors !!!!!!!!!

Re: Day 6 without refuse collectors !!!!!!!!!

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Harvhar, A new housing estate is no different to a normal street in the
UK, they are STREETS where vehicles can go up and dkwn and normally have storage cupboards for bins, drives or gardens to puf the bins. Lots of urbs do not have streets as such so it just could not work, as yku say, its that simple
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby El Tel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:46 pm

HarvHar2018 wrote:The simple solution would be for the council to give everyone their own wheelie bins and take the street bins away, then have designated days to leave the bins out
id happily pay for a wheelie bin if it meant helping clean the streets up

Let’s not start with that stupid idea. In the U.K. we had 5 bins. Where would we keep those?
El Tel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:14 pm

1 Bin per villa, and leave it out on collection day, Jesus how simple can it get jajajajaja

5 bins, now you really are having a laugh :text-lol:

on the other hand the brainless people can keep on putting rubbish on & around the overloaded bins

bring on the RATS!!!
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:04 pm

listen!!! Not everbody lives in a villa, how wil having your own bin when you live in flats or on an urb without proper wide streets work? Please explain.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby TerryG » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:22 pm

Just ignore him.
TerryG

Postby marcliff » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:37 pm

Actually that sounds like a great idea.
Our complex has 180 properties with one entrance gate so it would be fun if, every Wednesday in the summer (maximum occupancy) we all wheel 180 wheelie bins out through the front gate and leave them on the road. The complex opposite could wheel theirs out on a Monday, the one behind us on a Friday and the one in front of us on a Tuesday. Then we could all block the roads off for almost a week and only allow traffic (except dustcarts) on a Wednesday.
Going down the UK route, we could just do it every two weeks so I'm pretty sure the smells of 180 wheelie bins when the temp reaches over 100F being left for two weeks would be pretty much a tourist attraction round here.

Mind you, they have those metal posts showing a bin area so we'd need rather a bigger set of posts to fit 180 bins in.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby 60sTrolleyDolly » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:28 pm

artiste wrote:It's a mess everywhere - really disgraceful and encouraging vermin. Imagine if that's right outside your house! Quesada often looks like a third world country. I have emailed the council, but of course no reply. Looking on other forums they have similar complaints in other towns - La Marina in particular.

However - I don't understand why people dump their garden refuse, including recently, a massive amount of palm pruning, broken sofas and beds as well as bags of smelly rubbish. Who are these people...maybe gardeners or workmen, because most people couldn't shift that amount of stuff on their own. CCTV cameras really are needed and if I had a bin outside my house I'd fit one personally to try to catch these fly tippers!

Have you notice certain types of rubbish come in waves? This week seems to be old toilets. Other weeks we have waves of old Sofas and chairs, and the week after old beds, and the last week of the cycle seems to be chipboard furniture.
60sTrolleyDolly

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby TerryG » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:59 am

marcliff wrote:Actually that sounds like a great idea.
Our complex has 180 properties with one entrance gate so it would be fun if, every Wednesday in the summer (maximum occupancy) we all wheel 180 wheelie bins out through the front gate and leave them on the road. The complex opposite could wheel theirs out on a Monday, the one behind us on a Friday and the one in front of us on a Tuesday. Then we could all block the roads off for almost a week and only allow traffic (except dustcarts) on a Wednesday.
Going down the UK route, we could just do it every two weeks so I'm pretty sure the smells of 180 wheelie bins when the temp reaches over 100F being left for two weeks would be pretty much a tourist attraction round here.

Mind you, they have those metal posts showing a bin area so we'd need rather a bigger set of posts to fit 180 bins in.

TerryG

Postby Pam1 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:34 am

I did go in on Friday and complain but obviously nothing has happened, if it’s still there tomorrow will go in again.
Pam1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby A.N.Other » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:01 am

HarvHar2018 wrote:Yes I understand that the bins are full, my point is that I would find a bin that wasn't full.
Ignoring the obvious contradiction your solution is to export the problem to someone else's bins, is that right?

Agree they are abused though, for instance just a couple of days ago I saw someone attempting to unload a m3 builders sack full of garden rubbish into what was obviously an already near full bin, I guess they probably thought there was nothing wrong with it.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

PreviousNext