Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Day 6 without refuse collectors !!!!!!!!!

Day 6 without refuse collectors !!!!!!!!!

Postby Christine » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:28 pm

These photos are the result of new refuse contractors and not the first time since they took over a few weeks ago. Seems like the older properties at the top of Quesada are forgotten yet again as other areas look fine. After reporting to the council a none collection for 4 days the Lorry arrived and emptied the one near Harry’s bar but failed to notice 3 more overflowing sites all within 100 meters of them.
I was told by the council that it was a problem at the processing plant and would be sorted in a few days........but who will be voting for in the next election???
Christine

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Day 6 without refuse collectors !!!!!!!!!

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:55 pm

That is ridiculous why would anyone even contemplate stacking rubbish on top of a clearly overflowing bin when there's other empty bins around the area
fair enough for the not so able, but if our bins are full I would just walk or drive to the next one
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Christine » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:23 pm

I think you missed the point, every other bin in the area is exactly the same.
From now reading posts on here it seems to be all over Quesada although I drove from here at the top down aeroporto road and la fiesta last night and every bin site was clear.
Christine

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:33 pm

Yes I understand that the bins are full, my point is that I would find a bin that wasn't full as this will only cause the rats to come out and play
as I said this is easy if you have a car, but is a major inconvenience for the elderly and less able.
HarvHar2018

Postby artiste » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:36 pm

It's a mess everywhere - really disgraceful and encouraging vermin. Imagine if that's right outside your house! Quesada often looks like a third world country. I have emailed the council, but of course no reply. Looking on other forums they have similar complaints in other towns - La Marina in particular.

However - I don't understand why people dump their garden refuse, including recently, a massive amount of palm pruning, broken sofas and beds as well as bags of smelly rubbish. Who are these people...maybe gardeners or workmen, because most people couldn't shift that amount of stuff on their own. CCTV cameras really are needed and if I had a bin outside my house I'd fit one personally to try to catch these fly tippers!
artiste

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:41 pm

You cannot fix a camera which films outside your boundary.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:45 pm

The simple solution would be for the council to give everyone their own wheelie bins and take the street bins away, then have designated days to leave the bins out
id happily pay for a wheelie bin if it meant helping clean the streets up
HarvHar2018

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:57 pm

The system works perfectly well apart from the occasional hiccup. Can you imagine how it would work with urbanisations, You'd have 100 wheelie bins all lined up in the street. Could work with large plots and detached villas but think the system we already have is petfect
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Urbanisations are no different to new build housing estates in the UK and it works fine there, if the bins are full then people should just keep their own rubbish on their property until the bins are empty, it really is that simple
HarvHar2018

Postby TerryG » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:20 pm

HarvHar2018 wrote:Urbanisations are no different to new build housing estates in the UK and it works fine there, if the bins are full then people should just keep their own rubbish on their property until the bins are empty, it really is that simple

You must be joking. Urbanisations here are nothing like housing estates in the UK.
Where are you going to put a big wheelie bin.
In your front garden .. in the community walkway. !!
TerryG

Next