Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Floods

Re: Floods

Postby A.N.Other » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:44 pm

jpeg wrote:I would say that it applies whether or not you are insured
As I understand since the fund is sourced by for scrapings from premiums paid to Spanish insurers only those insured with them stand to benefit from it.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby marcliff » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:24 pm

A.N.Other wrote:
jpeg wrote:I would say that it applies whether or not you are insured
As I understand since the fund is sourced by for scrapings from premiums paid to Spanish insurers only those insured with them stand to benefit from it.

No, this is a different fund. The Consortium fund is the one paying out from insurance premiums. The Valencian government has made a separate fund available which is the one paying out the supposedly immediate (but hasn't been so far) payments and does not depend on whether you are insured or not.

I thought this had been explained in previous threads (which tend to be overlooked when half a dozen other threads get started).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby cheflady » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:35 pm

What will be will be! I think be wise nothing of this magnitude as happened for 140 years nobody knows how long things are going to take. Everyone seems to have different views and theories I just wish things would get moving,how anyone class the emergency payment of €1500 emergency six weeks later or beyond believe!!
cheflady

Postby jpeg » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:20 am

I was told and had confirmed by my insurance broker that someone had been paid out for a waterlogged car by the Convio and the payout was 20% above market value so fingers crossed things are moving, but I still have had no visit from an assessor yet
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby djw » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:10 pm

Costa blanca news have posted this on fb today.
Have you had your cash?

The Valencia regional government announced two weeks ago that the first payments of the €1,500 emergency grants were being made to flood victims.
However, some residents in the Vega Baja have stated that they have not yet received the money they applied for.
Costa Blanca News would like to hear from flood victims who applied for the money.
Please tell us if you have/or have not been paid the initial €1,500.
You can do this in confidence by sending an email to [email protected]
We would need to know the town/village you live in and the date you applied for the money
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion